+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1656575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    My interview went really well; I can't think of anything I'd have done differently.
    They're interviewing for the next couple of days. (…probably the majority of candidates three decades younger than I…)
    Fingers crossed for a call-back for a second interview, and then a job offer...
    Fingers crossed for you.

How many openings do they have? Do you know?

Hope you get a call back.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Fingers crossed for you.

How many openings do they have? Do you know?

Hope you get a call back.
    Thank you!
    I didn't ask how many openings...

But as much as I liked Trader Joe's (especially this one) already, I like it even more after this interview.
    I'm very impressed with the management and hiring process. I like that they're careful and picky as to whom they hire.

::pins and needles::
    Punkin, Cootie and TripleGemini like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It just feels like the people who work at TJ's really like their jobs!

There was only one guy I spoke to the other day who was stone faced and humorless ... and I gave him a pass ... because everyone is allowed one bad day.
    Who knows what's going on in his life.

BUT ... ir was so out of character for the employees who work there, that I wanted to ask him what was wrong ... but I didn't.
    Ellen likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Thank you!
    I didn't ask how many openings...

But as much as I liked Trader Joe's (especially this one) already, I like it even more after this interview.
    I'm very impressed with the management and hiring process. I like that they're careful and picky as to whom they hire.

::pins and needles::

Have you gotten word from Trader Joe's?

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Have you gotten word from Trader Joe's?
    Only that the hiring process has been slowed down due to there being a new manager in that store (following a week-long national conference for TJ store managers). As of ten days ago, they were still "getting through" the applications, according to one of the asst. mgrs. who interviewed me, and I'd be hearing from them "in a few days" about a second interview.
    Still waiting. I'm hesitant to call again, as I don't want to cross the line from "very interested" to "obnoxious." (I've already sent the thank-you card, dropped in the store to pick up a few things and "oh by the way," and made a phone call.
    Punkin and Cootie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Our area is finally getting a Trader Joe's. It opens October 11. I'm looking forward to it since I've never been to a Trader Joe's but I've read about them here.

We're also getting a Whole Foods around the same time. I went to one of them in Orlando so I can't wait to have one in our area! I hope it's as nice as the Orlando store.
    Punkin, Ellen and Cootie like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

The other day I tried the Trader Jose's Pizza Al Pollo Asado, which is kind of a Mexican pizza on a cornmeal crust. I thought it was pretty tasty and have tried to get more the last two times I have been there, but they are always out now!!!

I have to go by there this afternoon, so fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Our area is finally getting a Trader Joe's. It opens October 11. I'm looking forward to it since I've never been to a Trader Joe's but I've read about them here.

We're also getting a Whole Foods around the same time. I went to one of them in Orlando so I can't wait to have one in our area! I hope it's as nice as the Orlando store.
    Trader Joe's and Whole Foods?! Win, win!!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yep, that's the way I feel, Punkin! It's funny because I totally hate clothes shopping but I love grocery shopping! I love to see what new products are out, look for old favorite or hard to find products, and try things I haven't had before.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The other day I tried the Trader Jose's Pizza Al Pollo Asado, which is kind of a Mexican pizza on a cornmeal crust. I thought it was pretty tasty and have tried to get more the last two times I have been there, but they are always out now!!!

I have to go by there this afternoon, so fingers crossed!
    There is something with Trader Joe's (and Aldi's) that might drive you crazy. They have this nasty habit of discontinuing items that you like.

Seriously ... when you go there ask then to look :in back" ... ask a manager when deliveries come in and go on that day. If it continues to be "out" ... it is possible it has been discontinued and will be replaced with something new. This happens frequently ... and I think it is a technique to keep you buying "new" products.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread