+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Thank you sooooooo much, everyone!
    I'll keep you posted!
    I really appreciate all the crossed fingers and toes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks echo!
    I still mourn the passing of their 1,000 layer crackers. OMG. When I go to heaven, they will be there.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Have any of you tried the Cookie Butter at TJs? I've heard about it quite a bit through social media, and everything I see raves about it. I have not tried it myself, and I'm wondering if all the buzz is only marketing, or if it really is that spectacular.

I had to Google TJ's Cookie Butter... and found out you can order it and other TJ's products through Amazon! I'm in trouble. I'm a prime member, so don't pay shipping. I'll review the cookie butter when it arrives.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had to Google TJ's Cookie Butter... and found out you can order it and other TJ's products through Amazon! I'm in trouble. I'm a prime member, so don't pay shipping. I'll review the cookie butter when it arrives.
    There is a site called What's good at Trader Joes ... I can't post a link because it's a blog ... and they have a "review" of the Cookie Butter.

There is a link in their review to an explanation of Speculoos which is the kind of cookie/biscuit that's in the product. To me it sounds as if it might taste similar to those Almond Windmill cookies without the almonds?

Be careful though. There are 90 calories in One tablespoon ... and 50 are from fat and maybe 5 grams of sugar.

I'm going tomorrow ... I think
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I checked out the blog and they certainly do rave about it in the comments area! Now I'm a little excited about it. I have some men on my Christmas list that are hard to shop for. This might be just unusual enough to make a cool gift with some pretzel thins or something.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    ... Cookie Butter.

There is a link in their review to an explanation of Speculoos which is the kind of cookie/biscuit that's in the product. To me it sounds as if it might taste similar to those Almond Windmill cookies without the almonds? ...
    That's exactly what they taste like.
    I've had the speculoos cookies and really like them. I haven't tried the Cookie Butter. I'm a little afraid to, given the calorie count. (But if I get the job, I'll likely try it -- the work is active enough that I would be able to burn off a tablespoon during a shift!)
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I went to TJ's today! Going to rhat store is less like shopping and more an experience.

Everybody is happy, staff, customers and even the little ones who can push the mini-carts!

There was no Cookie Butter to be found ... so one of the workers went in the back to see if the truck was in. It was ... but he had to go baclk and search the pallets ... and he found it. He said people come in and buy a whole case.

Thanks for mentioning it here. I will try some tomorrow.... and I'll let you know what I think. Even the people in the store ... customers and workers were raving about the cookie butter! Amazing!
    Punkin and Ellen like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Wow! Above and beyond. I'd be tempted to write a commendation to the store about that. If you didn't get his name, you could say what day it was and a brief description. I'm sure they'd be able to figure out who it was. It's always nice to be appreciated. Can't wait to hear what you think. And I'm incredibly impressed that you waited a day. Mine would have been opened in the car in the parking lot. Zero impulse control here.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wow! Above and beyond. I'd be tempted to write a commendation to the store about that. If you didn't get his name, you could say what day it was and a brief description. I'm sure they'd be able to figure out who it was. It's always nice to be appreciated. Can't wait to hear what you think. And I'm incredibly impressed that you waited a day. Mine would have been opened in the car in the parking lot. Zero impulse control here.
    I actually did go and tell the guy behind the desk who said he was "one of the managers" and the employee's name is Tony. I may just see if there is a way I can commend him ... perhaps by writing to the company. He really did go the extra mile ... and sometimes Thank You is not enough. I didn't ask him to do it ... he just did it.

I'll be back with my "review". As for waiting ... I bought one of their Apple Pies because I have no will power ... and also some of that blue cheese/pecan dip ... and decided to save the cookie butter for a special treat

I do have a love/hate relationship with Trader Joes.
    Ellen likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread