+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I'm so jealous! If one ever opened up nearby, I'd apply in a minute.
    I tried a roasted red pepper and mushroom pizza and didn't like it. No tomato sauce, no cheese. I should have read the box more closely.
    I like the pecan/dried cranberry/herb (forget which). I put it in chicken salad.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Fingers and toes crossed for you, Ellen.

They make a blue cheese dip/spread that I love ... they have that low-carb sprouted breads line ... and the basmati rice mixture is easy and great.
    I think their frozen sockeye salmon and sole are both excellent. Some of their frozen veggies are good and surprisingly reasonably priced.

My problem is they also have delicious Angel food cake, apple pie, and a variety of cookies, and the chocolate covered orange jelly candy ... and I have no self control or will power ... so I don't go very often.

Good luck tho' Ellen. I love the employees in my local store.

My one complaint is they just discontinue things without warning.

This chain is related tom Aldi's ... the poorer cousin ... and they do the same thing.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

What section is that blue cheese dip/spread in echo? Sounds like something I would like. What kind of packaging does it come in?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They make a blue cheese dip/spread that I love ... they have that low-carb sprouted breads line ... and the basmati rice mixture is easy and great.
    I think their frozen sockeye salmon and sole are both excellent. Some of their frozen veggies are good and surprisingly reasonably priced.

My problem is they also have delicious Angel food cake, apple pie, and a variety of cookies, and the chocolate covered orange jelly candy ... and I have no self control or will power ... so I don't go very often.

Good luck tho' Ellen. I love the employees in my local store.

My one complaint is they just discontinue things without warning.

This chain is related tom Aldi's ... the poorer cousin ... and they do the same thing.
    LOL! I know a running joke with my husband and me is that if we love a TJ product, it'll be gone as soon as we reach the addiction stage. (It all has to do with how they wheel and deal for good prices, I think... and what sells...and what doesn't...) The good thing is that even when a product goes bye-bye, some other good thing shows up. And sometimes an old fave comes back.
    Hmm... I wonder if I'll have access to that sort of info for stocking-up purposes? 'Cuz, I swear, the employees at my nearest TJ's buy out my favorite limited-stock wines like right after chatting during checkout.

...Look at me...talking like I'm already there, and the interview is still a week away...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    LOL! I know — a running joke with my husband and me is that if we love a TJ product, it'll be gone as soon as we reach the addiction stage. (It all has to do with how they wheel and deal for good prices, I think... and what sells...and what doesn't...) The good thing is that even when a product goes bye-bye, some other good thing shows up. And sometimes an old fave comes back.
    Hmm... I wonder if I'll have access to that sort of info for stocking-up purposes? 'Cuz, I swear, the employees at my nearest TJ's buy out my favorite limited-stock wines — like right after chatting during checkout.

...Look at me...talking like I'm already there, and the interview is still a week away...
    Sometimes it also has to do with a supplier not being able to keep up with demand. I may have mentioned this upthread, but I was talking to a TJ's employee and he said that if a supplier can't keep up with TJ's orders, they stop carrying the product. Apparently, one of the rice companies - I think the one that does the pre-cooked (possibly frozen?) brown rice wasn't able to keep up. Because the product was SO popular, TJ's actually invested in the company so they could expand/keep producing the product.

There are several old favorites that I still miss. It's just one of those things you live with if you shop at TJ's a lot.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Several years back they stopped carrying the Biryani that we love. So every time we went in I made a point to go up to customer service and asked when they would bring it back. They didn't know so every time I filled out one of those forms they have for customer comments and, voila!, it came back after two years! I have to think many others asked for it too. Now I'm working on bringing back the jars of Chicken Catcitorre sauce I love.

We really hope you get that job, Ellen. You can be our "man inside" to help us get them to bring back what we want! Like that perfect frozen brown rice that micros in 2 to 4 minutes.

Good Luck, sweetie!!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    What section is that blue cheese dip/spread in echo? Sounds like something I would like. What kind of packaging does it come in?
    It is in the refrigerated section and it is actually a blue cheese roasted pecan spread/dip, I hope you are not allergic to nuts. The container is smallish ... maybe 8 oz ?

Here is some information.

Fooducate | eat a bit better
    I just love this stuff. It is excellent with their pumpernickel pretzels!
    This page also list a bunch of other dip/spread choices.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They stopped carrying their frozen pie crust (temporarily, it turns out) and I panicked. Even if I wanted to I can't make a pie crust as flaky and buttery as TJ's. So when they brought it back I bought about six packages ... just in case.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Okay, you all know how I *heart* TJ's. Well, I have an interview at one of the nearby stores next Wednesday afternoon. It's a company that is good not only to its customers, but it does right by its employees as well — even part-timers.
    Fingers crossed...
    Thinking good thoughts :-) Hope it works out!

+ Reply to Thread