+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

TJ's has released some new additions to the Reduced Guilt frozen entree line. I tried the filet of sole with butter beans and spinach today. Not so great. Kind of weirdly bland and then a little spicy too. Everything sort of tasted the same. The best I can say is that it was only 190 calories and 2 grams of fat, so I didn't waste a bunch of my daily allotment on it. I also bought a baked ziti in the Reduced Guilt line. I hope it's better. I really like the RG mac and cheese.

I'm still addicted to the frozen Indian food, especially the Palak Paneer. It's delicious over jasmine or Basmati rice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    TJ's has released some new additions to the Reduced Guilt frozen entree line. I tried the filet of sole with butter beans and spinach today. Not so great. Kind of weirdly bland and then a little spicy too. Everything sort of tasted the same. The best I can say is that it was only 190 calories and 2 grams of fat, so I didn't waste a bunch of my daily allotment on it. I also bought a baked ziti in the Reduced Guilt line. I hope it's better. I really like the RG mac and cheese.

I'm still addicted to the frozen Indian food, especially the Palak Paneer. It's delicious over jasmine or Basmati rice.
    I liked the filet of sole dinner, but it was a bit too watery for some reason. I love butter beans.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I bought a few of the RG Baked Ziti, but I haven't tried it yet. Both of my older boys did and it smelled really good, but I forgot to ask their opinion!

I'm coming way late to this thread, so maybe it's been discussed before, but DH and I Love the Biryani, Curried Rice Dish. It's wonderful! It cooks easily on stovetop (I add in some craisins) and we have it about once a week with homemade Chicken Marsala. It's a totally favorite meal for us!

I always get two curried chicken salad containers and eat most of one with their flaxseed crackers on the way home. This last trip (on the way home from the airport, knowing there was no food in the house) they were giving samples of their Wine Country chicken salad with craisins and pecans. Oooh baby. I'm going to have to split, or at least get one of each from now on. Really good.
    Count your blessings!

Have I ever mentioned the TJs Wild Smoked Sockeye Salmon (Hot Smoked with Cracked Peppercorns, Mustard Seed, and Lemon)? It is DIVINE!! We are from Alaska, so we are VERY particular about our salmon and this stuff is absolutely delicious! Is is great right out of the package on crackers, mixed up as a spread, flaked on top of a bagel with cream cheese, and delicious as part of this chowder!!
    Alaskan Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe - Food.com - 268880

It isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny. My husband is addicted!
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to have to make the chowder again this weekend...

Okay, you all know how I *heart* TJ's. Well, I have an interview at one of the nearby stores next Wednesday afternoon. It's a company that is good not only to its customers, but it does right by its employees as well — even part-timers.
    Fingers crossed...

My freelance tutoring/adult ESL subcontracting biz took a huge hit in January when hubby had surgery and I had to take care of him. I wish my business were able to recover as fast as he did! Anyway, at my age, I'm pounding the pavement. I'm actually looking forward to having a decent job for which I don't have to work as many unpaid hours as the paid ones — in terms of lesson planning, marketing, schmoozing, paperwork, tax stuff, etc.

The more contact I've had with the crew and management at the five stores at which I've applied, the more respect I have for the company. And, just going by my gut feeling, I got the best vibe from the one at which I'm interviewing: not that I got any "bad vibes" from the other stores—there was just something that "clicked" more with this one.

I'll know soon enough...
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Punkin, prhoshay and TripleGemini like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Good luck! It seems like a great company to work for.
    Ellen likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Okay, you all know how I *heart* TJ's. Well, I have an interview at one of the nearby stores next Wednesday afternoon. It's a company that is good not only to its customers, but it does right by its employees as well — even part-timers.
    Fingers crossed...

My freelance tutoring/adult ESL subcontracting biz took a huge hit in January when hubby had surgery and I had to take care of him. I wish my business were able to recover as fast as he did! Anyway, at my age, I'm pounding the pavement. I'm actually looking forward to having a decent job for which I don't have to work as many unpaid hours as the paid ones — in terms of lesson planning, marketing, schmoozing, paperwork, tax stuff, etc.

The more contact I've had with the crew and management at the five stores at which I've applied, the more respect I have for the company. And, just going by my gut feeling, I got the best vibe from the one at which I'm interviewing: not that I got any "bad vibes" from the other stores—there was just something that "clicked" more with this one.

I'll know soon enough...
    Ellen, I hope it goes well! I have a friend who works at TJ's and they have been very good to her and treat her like family. They made her schedule flexible when she needed it to be and she enjoys that job very much. It is great to shop at stores that support employees so much.

I tried the almonds with rosemary the other day and think they are great! Anyone else tried them?
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Ellen, I hope it goes well! I have a friend who works at TJ's and they have been very good to her and treat her like family. They made her schedule flexible when she needed it to be and she enjoys that job very much. It is great to shop at stores that support employees so much.

I tried the almonds with rosemary the other day and think they are great! Anyone else tried them?
    Thanks for the good wishes — and the good info about your friend's experience.

And the rosemary almonds — yes! In fact, the next time I make cheddar-corn muffins, I'd like to sprinkle some chopped rosemary almonds on top for a fun flavor "pop."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread