+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 748
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

  1. #611
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,144

    Re: Trader Joe's

    TJ's has released some new additions to the Reduced Guilt frozen entree line. I tried the filet of sole with butter beans and spinach today. Not so great. Kind of weirdly bland and then a little spicy too. Everything sort of tasted the same. The best I can say is that it was only 190 calories and 2 grams of fat, so I didn't waste a bunch of my daily allotment on it. I also bought a baked ziti in the Reduced Guilt line. I hope it's better. I really like the RG mac and cheese.

    I'm still addicted to the frozen Indian food, especially the Palak Paneer. It's delicious over jasmine or Basmati rice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #612
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,209

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    TJ's has released some new additions to the Reduced Guilt frozen entree line. I tried the filet of sole with butter beans and spinach today. Not so great. Kind of weirdly bland and then a little spicy too. Everything sort of tasted the same. The best I can say is that it was only 190 calories and 2 grams of fat, so I didn't waste a bunch of my daily allotment on it. I also bought a baked ziti in the Reduced Guilt line. I hope it's better. I really like the RG mac and cheese.

    I'm still addicted to the frozen Indian food, especially the Palak Paneer. It's delicious over jasmine or Basmati rice.
    I liked the filet of sole dinner, but it was a bit too watery for some reason. I love butter beans.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #613
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    TJ's has released some new additions to the Reduced Guilt frozen entree line. I tried the filet of sole with butter beans and spinach today. Not so great. Kind of weirdly bland and then a little spicy too. Everything sort of tasted the same. The best I can say is that it was only 190 calories and 2 grams of fat, so I didn't waste a bunch of my daily allotment on it. I also bought a baked ziti in the Reduced Guilt line. I hope it's better. I really like the RG mac and cheese.

    I'm still addicted to the frozen Indian food, especially the Palak Paneer. It's delicious over jasmine or Basmati rice.
    I bought a few of the RG Baked Ziti, but I haven't tried it yet. Both of my older boys did and it smelled really good, but I forgot to ask their opinion!

  4. #614
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,827

    Re: Trader Joe's

    I'm coming way late to this thread, so maybe it's been discussed before, but DH and I Love the Biryani, Curried Rice Dish. It's wonderful! It cooks easily on stovetop (I add in some craisins) and we have it about once a week with homemade Chicken Marsala. It's a totally favorite meal for us!

  5. #615
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,562

    Re: Trader Joe's

    I always get two curried chicken salad containers and eat most of one with their flaxseed crackers on the way home. This last trip (on the way home from the airport, knowing there was no food in the house) they were giving samples of their Wine Country chicken salad with craisins and pecans. Oooh baby. I'm going to have to split, or at least get one of each from now on. Really good.
    Count your blessings!

  6. #616
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Have I ever mentioned the TJs Wild Smoked Sockeye Salmon (Hot Smoked with Cracked Peppercorns, Mustard Seed, and Lemon)? It is DIVINE!! We are from Alaska, so we are VERY particular about our salmon and this stuff is absolutely delicious! Is is great right out of the package on crackers, mixed up as a spread, flaked on top of a bagel with cream cheese, and delicious as part of this chowder!!
    Alaskan Smoked Salmon Chowder Recipe - Food.com - 268880

    It isn't cheap, but it is worth every penny. My husband is addicted!
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to have to make the chowder again this weekend...

  7. #617
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,207

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Okay, you all know how I *heart* TJ's. Well, I have an interview at one of the nearby stores next Wednesday afternoon. It's a company that is good not only to its customers, but it does right by its employees as well — even part-timers.
    Fingers crossed...

    My freelance tutoring/adult ESL subcontracting biz took a huge hit in January when hubby had surgery and I had to take care of him. I wish my business were able to recover as fast as he did! Anyway, at my age, I'm pounding the pavement. I'm actually looking forward to having a decent job for which I don't have to work as many unpaid hours as the paid ones — in terms of lesson planning, marketing, schmoozing, paperwork, tax stuff, etc.

    The more contact I've had with the crew and management at the five stores at which I've applied, the more respect I have for the company. And, just going by my gut feeling, I got the best vibe from the one at which I'm interviewing: not that I got any "bad vibes" from the other stores—there was just something that "clicked" more with this one.

    I'll know soon enough...
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Punkin, prhoshay and TripleGemini like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  8. #618
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Good luck! It seems like a great company to work for.
    Ellen likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

  9. #619
    I won't forget Cootie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the garden
    Posts
    2,593

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Okay, you all know how I *heart* TJ's. Well, I have an interview at one of the nearby stores next Wednesday afternoon. It's a company that is good not only to its customers, but it does right by its employees as well — even part-timers.
    Fingers crossed...

    My freelance tutoring/adult ESL subcontracting biz took a huge hit in January when hubby had surgery and I had to take care of him. I wish my business were able to recover as fast as he did! Anyway, at my age, I'm pounding the pavement. I'm actually looking forward to having a decent job for which I don't have to work as many unpaid hours as the paid ones — in terms of lesson planning, marketing, schmoozing, paperwork, tax stuff, etc.

    The more contact I've had with the crew and management at the five stores at which I've applied, the more respect I have for the company. And, just going by my gut feeling, I got the best vibe from the one at which I'm interviewing: not that I got any "bad vibes" from the other stores—there was just something that "clicked" more with this one.

    I'll know soon enough...
    Ellen, I hope it goes well! I have a friend who works at TJ's and they have been very good to her and treat her like family. They made her schedule flexible when she needed it to be and she enjoys that job very much. It is great to shop at stores that support employees so much.

    I tried the almonds with rosemary the other day and think they are great! Anyone else tried them?
    Ellen likes this.

  10. #620
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,207

    Re: Trader Joe's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Ellen, I hope it goes well! I have a friend who works at TJ's and they have been very good to her and treat her like family. They made her schedule flexible when she needed it to be and she enjoys that job very much. It is great to shop at stores that support employees so much.

    I tried the almonds with rosemary the other day and think they are great! Anyone else tried them?
    Thanks for the good wishes — and the good info about your friend's experience.

    And the rosemary almonds — yes! In fact, the next time I make cheddar-corn muffins, I'd like to sprinkle some chopped rosemary almonds on top for a fun flavor "pop."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.