+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    FINALLY, they're opening a Trader Joe's here this weekend. Once the crowds die back a bit, I'm going to make a list of goodies mentioned in this thread and go shopping.

Why it took so long, I'll never know.
    You may wish to check out the "Fearless Flyer" before you go. It's a fun read!
    March 18, 2013 - Fearless Flyer - Trader Joe's
    waywyrd likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I am taking a road trip south to California on Saturday, the land of TJ's!!! I plan to stock up on my favorites. I like to look at the Fearless Flyer online and get it in my email, it makes it easier to focus on certain food items and list making...I like the Mint Melange Tea (not sure if I spelled that right) - it is a combo of spearmint & peppermint -I brew it at lunch in a really efficient thermal mug and sip on it all afternoon. So relaxing!
    Ellen likes this.

I'm a big fan of the triple ginger cookie thins, but I never saw the toasted coconut thins near them before today. They are to die for!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm a big fan of the triple ginger cookie thins, but I never saw the toasted coconut thins near them before today. They are to die for!
    ...especially with a little of their Mango Butter spread on top...

Ooooh, mango butter? Is that in with jams? (I'm thinking apple butter...)
    Count your blessings!

Ooooh, mango butter? Is that in with jams? (I'm thinking apple butter...)
    Yes, it is!

FORT Fogey

I get bagged organic apples, potatoes, and sweet potatoes at Trader Joe's... but, Trader Joe's doesn't have organic lentils, and their organic rice is partly cooked. So, I get organic rice and lentils at another store.

For the umpteenth time, I went to TJ's and they didn't have the Swiss cheese croissants. This is probably better for me, since I'm trying to avoid gluten as much as possible, but I still asked about them. Apparently, my TJ's is just out of stock at the moment. They're still in the system and not discontinued. Instead of those, I got the Tarte d'Alsace, which is my weakness every time.

I made up for my splurge with lots of veggies and a new product in the frozen section that's got sweet potatoes, kale and tri-color quinoa. I was STARVING today when I was shopping and because I'm dealing with dental issues and have a temp filling after a root canal, I couldn't chew gum while shopping like I normally do. Thank GOD I don't have much of a sweet tooth!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The quinoa dish sounds good! I'll look for that next time.
    Count your blessings!

The quinoa dish sounds good! I'll look for that next time.
    Really, don't bother. I fixed it for lunch today and it wasn't all that good. Kind of mushy, not much flavor....meh. The quinoa and sweet potatoes don't hold up well to freezing and some of the quinoa was crunchy. Not my thing. Good idea, bad execution.

This recipe is MUCH better: Quinoa With Mushrooms, Kale, and Sweet Potatoes Recipe | Real Simple Recipes
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread