+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Trader Joe's

That dip, while it sounds delicious, also sounds like a breath-killer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Headed to Trader Joe's today. I buy my coffee there. I buy the Joe. It is cheaper than most other coffees and is fresh ground.
    Cootie likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That dip, while it sounds delicious, also sounds like a breath-killer!
    I have to admit that I haven't tried breathing on anyone after eating it. However, the yogurt lightens up the flavor enough that I don't think you'd be scaring off vampires or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I'm addicted to TJ's movie popcorn. Better than homemade by far, and it costs about $1.99 a bag. It comes already popped in a red bag in the chips aisle.
    I finally bought a bag and it was delicious! Tastes just like movie popcorn without the horrible butter....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate dry, tasteless popcorn! May as well be eating styrofoam packing peanuts!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I made a trip down to Trader Joe's today and got something new that I LOVE... dried strips of coconut. I'm not talking shredded coconut, these are hefty strips and they're delicious. I love coconut and have never seen this before. I think the lady who checked me out said it was new. She said they have a lot of new coconut products people have been requesting. It was in the dried fruit section (next to nuts).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I made a trip down to Trader Joe's today and got something new that I LOVE... dried strips of coconut. I'm not talking shredded coconut, these are hefty strips and they're delicious. I love coconut and have never seen this before. I think the lady who checked me out said it was new. She said they have a lot of new coconut products people have been requesting. It was in the dried fruit section (next to nuts).
    I would love to have some of that to put in coconut brittle.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I normally love TJ's Indian foods in the frozen section (although the Lamb Vindaloo was TOO hot for me), but I finally found a dud. I got the Masala Dosa last week. Basically, it's a rice flour crepe with spiced potatoes and onions. Sounds good, right? The whole thing tastes like onion and not caramelized onions either. Plus, the potatoes are either riced or mashed, so the texture is off. It came with a coconut chutney that was terrible too. The only good thing was that it was only $1.99, so I didn't waste a ton of money on it.

I'll stick to the Paneer dishes, the naan and the butter chicken.

I've never seen the Swiss cheese croissants again and I've been looking! They were wonderful.

I read this on HuffPo last week and thought it was of interest:
    Who Makes Trader Joe's Food?: A Taste Test

Forget Cheerio's - I'm all about Joe's O's!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree re: Masala Dosa. Have you tried the Aloo Chaat Kati pouches? We tried them yesterday kind of a healthier version of hot pockets with a kick!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FINALLY, they're opening a Trader Joe's here this weekend. Once the crowds die back a bit, I'm going to make a list of goodies mentioned in this thread and go shopping.

Why it took so long, I'll never know.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread