+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3480926;
    This particular Trader Joes that is in the video is on Masonic street in SF. The entire right lane of traffic is backed up so bad that they had to add another lane to the road. It is completely insane and I just don't know how they get away with it. There is a shopping center across the street where the original Sears in SF was located but taken over by Mervyns. Mervyns recently went out of business and so there is a huge empty building with a HUGE empty parking lot, I wish they would move over there!
    They just opened a new TJ in the Stonestown Galleria which is a shopping mall in SF, the parking there is so bad....I wonder if TJ has a prerequisite before they open a new store...they make sure the parking sucks.
    The closest TJ's to me is at one of the busiest intersections in the state...the other two close ones both have parking garages. The parking doesn't stink that bad...it's a fairly large strip mall with an Albertson's, a Half Price Books, and a Joe's (but that's gone out of business)-so we tend to get good parking.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Over here (San Diego area), the Trader Joe's stores in Pacific Beach and La Mesa have the requisite ultra-sucky parking; the one in La Jolla has only moderately sucky parking, and the one in Point Loma has great parking. Someone's obviously slacking! (Thank [your higher power of choice]!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Okay, I finally got around to trying the raspberry creme brulee, and it is AMAZING. I didn't heat it long enough, but it was still good. You heat it under your broiler for 2-3 minutes. They give you a sugar packet for the top, and the best part? It comes in a reusable ramekin. Man, is it good-and way cheaper than anything else on the market you could buy. Definitely try it if you haven't-I had never had creme brulee before and now I am hooked.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

I love creme brulee and so does my family...I make it occasionally but it can get expensive. I use my husbands blow torch to burn the sugar and sometimes my kids eat the top and then sprinkle more sugar on and burn it again to get another "topping".
    How much is the Rasberry creme brulee at TJs?

FORT Fogey

I was so surprised at the high quality and low price of al TJ foods. They seem to build in affluent areas yet the prices are so good. I always buy imported Italian pasta, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Also love their frozen 3 colored sliced peppers in a bag, their whole bean coffee- mellow roast, crumbled Gorganzola cheese

I will have to check out the delicious sounding frozen products some of you mentioned.

I'm counting my blessings that our TJ's has (apparently) the only decent parking in the country. I get to go there tonight on the way home from the airport.
    Count your blessings!

Kao

They used to have delicious blue cheese buffalo wings, but I think they've been discontinued. :/

The Pistachio Toffee and Lemongrass sticks are to die for, as well as the Thai Style Soy Ginger Carrots in the frozen section. They have small nuts in them and they make a delicious side dish! ^_^ And if you're into sushi, the platters are cheap.

One of my biggest complaints with TJ's is that they discontinue far too many items. They used to have the best desserts. But, they discontinued almost all of them.
    One item that I have found lately is Organic Vodka Sauce. It's low in calories and fat, but extremely tasty. I use it to make my chicken parmigiana. Delicious. Hopefully, it doesn't get discontinued.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3490977;
    I love creme brulee and so does my family...I make it occasionally but it can get expensive. I use my husbands blow torch to burn the sugar and sometimes my kids eat the top and then sprinkle more sugar on and burn it again to get another "topping".
    How much is the Rasberry creme brulee at TJs?
    I believe it's about $4 for the two-pack.

I totally have to agree though about items being discontinued. So many items I like...poof. The wasabi cashews and wasabi crackers were a big one that I miss greatly.

Thanks Trista....might have to try it but $4 for two is a little high for me right now....I rather spend the money on a half gallon of ice cream...it goes farther in this house!
    Anyway....regarding the Wasabi Crackers, if you have a Japanese market in your area you can find them there.

+ Reply to Thread