+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Do you mean the one with asparagus and spinach in the refrigerated section? If so, I love that one too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Has anyone spotted the Candy Cane Joe Joe's and Cream Ice Cream yet? I went to one of my local TJ's today and they didn't have it. They had the cookies, but not the ice cream. It's almost like it isn't Christmas yet without a bowl of that ice cream! I did pick up a box of their Cinnamon and Vanilla tea, which I love. I don't know why they only have it seasonally. So what if there's a lemur with Christmas lights wrapped around it on the box? I have my Christmas lights up until March some years

I also got a bag of the Swiss cheese croissants and OMG. I didn't need to know those existed. Y-U-M. I really should eat before I head to TJ's. I always end up with things I don't actually need....or at least that I really shouldn't eat.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I forgot to get that tea when I went down with my daughter. Hope they don't run out before I get that way again. Those swiss cheese croissants sound heavenly!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I was just introduced over Thanksgiving to Trader Joe's guilt free guacamole. It is fantastic! They make it with greek yogurt, so it is not as high in fat as guacamole usually is. Because of that, it's a little creamier than I'm used to, but it tastes the same, and is very light. I highly recommend it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I forgot to get that tea when I went down with my daughter. Hope they don't run out before I get that way again. Those swiss cheese croissants sound heavenly!
    The croissants are wonderful! Thank God there are only 3 in a bag or I'd be in BIG trouble.

I bought one of their cinnamon coffee cakes to take to a weekly gathering and then it got canceled. Now I have to see if I can freeze it. I was hoping my friends would eat at least half of it! Their cakes are small - maybe 5 or 6 inches in diameter - and I like a little slice with my tea, but I don't need a whole cake staring me down!

The more I look at what I bought, the more I realize I bought a bunch of junk food! In addition to the croissants and the coffee cake, I also ended up with a bag of orange and cranberry cookies with white chocolate chips, a box of Candy Cane Joe Joe's and some of the caramel swirl ice cream. UGH. I only have a sweet tooth when I'm hungry. I hardly ever buy sweets at TJ's when I've eaten first. In my defense, I also bought fresh fruits and veggies along with some of their guilt free mac and cheese and frozen Indian food entrees

Maybe I can take some of the sweets to my book club this week and offload them there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Gutmutter PM me if you think you won't be getting to TJ's before Xmas. I'll be glad to get you a stash (I have four TJs 15 minutes or fewer from my apartment) and send it to you.
    I love the decaf peppermint green tea myself. I like it hot at bedtime now, but in summer I would love it iced. I plan to stockpile a couple of boxes for summer...
    P.S. Anyone else with a Trader Joe's "must have," but no easy access, please PM me. I feel extraordinarily blessed in this regard and would be glad to share the blessings.
    Last edited by Ellen; 12-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You're the best, Ellen! I'm going to make a run for it tomorrow, I think. It's 45 min. away, but there are other attractions once I'm there. Unfortunately that means I can't get any ice cream goodies. We have a new grocery store/restaurant "mall" being built in our town. Wonder what I'd have to do to get a TJs included.
    Count your blessings!

Mental note: go to TJs and buy some of those swiss cheese croissants this week. Find a good sliced ham to go with them.

I have seen the Candy Cane Jojos, but I didn't look to see if they had the ice cream last time I was there. I'll have to scope it out when I go for those croissants.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Mental note: go to TJs and buy some of those swiss cheese croissants this week. Find a good sliced ham to go with them.

I have seen the Candy Cane Jojos, but I didn't look to see if they had the ice cream last time I was there. I'll have to scope it out when I go for those croissants.
    I'm totally doing that next time! They're not the classic croissant shape - they're sort of a pinwheel/cinnamon roll shape. Probably easier to make into a sandwich, actually. This is the first time I've seen them at TJ's. I was looking for those rosemary and cheddar rolls and found the croissants instead.

Gut - any chance of getting a cooler and ice so you can get some of the ice cream? If they have the one with the Candy Cane Joe Joe's, it's not to be missed! Heck, I ended up with the Golden Caramel Swirl ice cream and it's pretty amazing. Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream with a big swirl of caramel. To die for.

I've been pretty disappointed with their salads for the last few years, but I got a good one this time with mixed greens, pecans, cranberries, blue cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette. I'll definitely buy that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I'm totally doing that next time! They're not the classic croissant shape - they're sort of a pinwheel/cinnamon roll shape. Probably easier to make into a sandwich, actually. This is the first time I've seen them at TJ's. I was looking for those rosemary and cheddar rolls and found the croissants instead.

Gut - any chance of getting a cooler and ice so you can get some of the ice cream? If they have the one with the Candy Cane Joe Joe's, it's not to be missed! Heck, I ended up with the Golden Caramel Swirl ice cream and it's pretty amazing. Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream with a big swirl of caramel. To die for.

I've been pretty disappointed with their salads for the last few years, but I got a good one this time with mixed greens, pecans, cranberries, blue cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette. I'll definitely buy that one again.

+ Reply to Thread