+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Run run run to your nearest Trader Joe's and buy their new Falafel Chips. They are so delicious - you don't even need to dip them in anything. The bag I bought lasted all of 5 minutes once everyone at work got a taste of them.

Also enjoying their Peppermint Hot Chocolate with real chocolate shavings. Perfect for winter!
    Ellen likes this.

I know this was talked about earlier in this thread, but I finally tried the portabella mushroom ravioli. OMG, so good! I had been working across the state on a contract job, and there was a huge Trader Joe's across the street from my work. When I finished my job, I went in and stocked up on a few things before heading home. I wish I had bought a couple packets of those to have. I'm going to try the whole wheat pizza dough tonight. I really wish there was a Trader Joe's in my town. It would be so nice and convenient instead of always trying to stock up when I'm across the state.

The other day when I visited the sample table was handing out Sesame Honey Almonds with cheeses from the Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler. I tried the cheeses and they were quite good, but then I bit into that almond immediately after and the light sweetness of the almond paired with the strong flavor and saltiness of the cheese was amaaaazing! I bought both the almonds and the sampler so I could snack on the deliciousness of that combination!!!

Trader Joe's Sesame Honey Almonds
    Trader Joe's Spanish Cheese Tapas Sampler

I always have those almonds, but I'll have to look for the cheese sampler. Thanks for the tip! I got some cookies last time I meant to tell people about, but now they're gone and I don't think I saved the packaging. They had nuts and were sweetened with things like raisin/fig paste. Time for another trip!
    Count your blessings!

The cheese sampler is nice, especially if you want to have a variety with fruit, wine, crackers or bread for a light snacky-type lunch or dinner and not have to buy a bunch of different cheeses. With a family of two, it's perfect for hubby and me.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Premium Member

After all the bitching, moaning and whining I've done in this thread, I just got some great news! We are getting a Trader Joes here in SLC!!

Of course that means no more road trips to Vegas on the Trader Joe's excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    After all the bitching, moaning and whining I've done in this thread, I just got some great news! We are getting a Trader Joes here in SLC!!

Of course that means no more road trips to Vegas on the Trader Joe's excuse.
    Like you need an excuse to go to Vegas. I still remember the fun we had strolling The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace, especially the Playboy store.

Unklescott, so nice to see you online! Those Forum Shops were amazing, if I ever go back to Vegas it would be to sightsee at places like that...

I was just thinking about this thread tonight while I was cooking dinner. We are having baked Tilapia covered with a sauce made from TJ's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce, some Olive Oil Mayo and a spicy peach pepper jelly. It smells heavenly!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never heard of spicy peach pepper jelly, but I've, reluctantly, had homemade jalapeno jelly, and it was to die for, even though it sounded yucko! A little on a cracker, with some cream cheese, will make you want to smack your granny! I'd be up for trying some of the spicy peach pepper!
    Ellen and Hyper like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The jelly comes from a place other than Trader Joe's from a company in Oregon called Rose City Pepperheads. I actually ended up using one called Thai Mandarin - so yummy! I forget the name of the peach one, but it would've be equally good with the fish.

+ Reply to Thread