+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ...the Tart D'Alsace with ham, Gruyere and caramelized onions.
    This is one of my favs. It is DANGEROUS though, because it wouldn't be difficult for me to eat a whole one by myself!!

We also really like the frozen Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina. One night when I needed to come up with a super-fast dinner I discovered it is quite good paired with a freshly made omelet!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The Brussels sprouts on the stalk are back. They're only about $2.99 - it's a great bargain and they're SO much better than the ones in the grocery store.
    I love these! They're just as good as the ones I get at the farmers' markets -- and pretty close to as good as the ones I used to get from my dad's garden!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My favorite signs that winter is coming: Candy Cane Joe Joe's (and the ice cream) and the Cinnamon Vanilla Tea. YUM!

I took the cinnamon coffee cake and pumpkin spice cake to my book club last month and they are both delicious! The spice cake is - as far as cakes go - pretty low in calories....and a serving size isn't so thin that you can see through it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical,

Is the cinnamon coffee cake in the frozen section?
    It sounds good and i've not noticed it at TJ's. TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

No, it's fresh, with the baked goods. They're very good, but I prefer the pumpkin spice cake - it's great with tea!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

The cinnamon vanilla tea sounds awesome. I drink a lot more tea in the cold weather, and I love both those flavors.
    Count your blessings!

It's one of my favorite teas at the moment, Gut, and it's only available in the winter. The box is white and light blue and features a lemur draped in Christmas lights (really). It's called Vanilla and Cinnamon Black Tea - really imaginative, right? . I think they just introduced it last year. I really wish they'd change the box so I could buy it all year long! My other favorite TJ's tea is Duchess Grey, which is Earl Grey with lemon and orange added. When you open the box, it smells just like Froot Loops!

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57 View Post
    My son and daughter in law also live in Naples and they are so excited! Whenever they traveled, they would try to find a TJ's and take home a few items. They grew up in the Chicago suburbs and we have TJ's everywhere here.
    Now they are saying January.. the remodel is taking a little longer than expected. They are taking over part of the old Books a Million on 41 and Immokalee.... too bad, thought I might get food for the holidays there!

I got a package of the frozen beef pho on my last trip and, while it was easy to prepare and it looked great when it was cooked (3 minutes in the microwave), I found it really bland. The beef was very tender and I liked the mix of veggies. Maybe I'll get it again and add some salt.

For some reason, they didn't have any of the Candy Cane Joe Joe's and Cream ice cream. Probably better for me that they didn't, but I had a serious craving!

Just returned from a long overdue trip to TJ's and got the Cinnamon Vanilla tea. Can't wait to try it, but not tonight or it will keep me up.
    My college daughter is with me so I got her a lot of my favorites to try and we tried two kinds of candy (for me to taste and her to take back)... dark chocolate covered pomegranite seeds (YUM!) and egg nog covered almonds (DOUBLE YUM!). Good thing they're not staying in the house! They were out of two of the things I usually get but they had the cambozola cheese I love that they were out of last time.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread