+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Just picked up the graham crackers and the lemon curd. I like a new product they have called South African Smoke. It is a seasoning blend of paprika, sea salt, basil and garlic.

I just had a breakfast that was simple, yet elegant and so delicious I want to make another plate of it (but won't). I started with 2 slices of Ezekiel toasat (flourless, sprouted grains, chewy) spread with Cambozola cheese (camembert and gorgonzola mix) and topped with slices of fresh figs. OMG! The last 2 were from my TJs run yesterday. I don't know if they have the Ezekiel bread - that was already in my freezer.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I like a new product they have called South African Smoke. It is a seasoning blend of paprika, sea salt, basil and garlic.
    Ooooh, I haven't seen that. I'll have to check it out!

Gutmutter - glad your trip was successful!

Trader Joe's is coming to my town! I'm in Naples, FL and it should be opening in November. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I had the flatbread with truffles and wild mushrooms from the frozen section a few weeks ago - sheer heaven!
    So, I'm finally in an area with Trader Joe's and I wondered in there today and got one of these for dinner tonight. Oh my god, so good! I'm so glad there is not one by my house and the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to try and control myself living by one.
    Ellen likes this.

The truffles/wild mushroom flatbread is delicious -- one of my favorites. I love it with a good Zinfandel blend: ideally, Snap Dragon 2007 California Red.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was in a city with a TJ's the other day so I had to stop. I got many of my favorites, including the cat treats that my Buddy loves so much. They had an interesting snack food which I did not buy - chocolate covered potato chips! Anyone tried those? They break many of my self imposed eating rules, but I am still curious if they are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    So, I'm finally in an area with Trader Joe's and I wondered in there today and got one of these for dinner tonight. Oh my god, so good! I'm so glad there is not one by my house and the next couple of weeks I'm going to have to try and control myself living by one.
    The TJ's frozen section - especially the one with the pizzas, flatbreads and tarts - is SO dangerous! I love the mushroom and truffle one and the Tart D'Alsace with ham, Gruyere and caramelized onions. There's a pesto with tomatoes and mozzarella that's fab too.

The Brussels sprouts on the stalk are back. They're only about $2.99 - it's a great bargain and they're SO much better than the ones in the grocery store.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love TJ's but with my new Eat to Live diet, I have to avoid it unless I've been really good and deserve a break from routine. Unfortunately I just had a visit from my mom who is very oppositional to the diet and I have a lot of making up for lost time to do. But the flatbreads and tarts Critical mentioned are some of my favorites, too. I love the frozen artichoke hearts and just tried the minted peas in the frozen section. Potstickers are excellent.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Trader Joe's is coming to my town! I'm in Naples, FL and it should be opening in November. Woot!
    My son and daughter in law also live in Naples and they are so excited! Whenever they traveled, they would try to find a TJ's and take home a few items. They grew up in the Chicago suburbs and we have TJ's everywhere here.

+ Reply to Thread