+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

The last time I went to TJ's I was on a serious budget, so I couldn't really spare money for experimenting. I did pick up a box of their graham crackers and OMG, they are delicious! I'm not much of a sweets eater, so these are all I need in the way of cookies.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Made this TJ dessert recipe as a take-along to a barbecue. Easy and mouth watering. Big hit!

1 stick TJ's Unsalted Butter
    2 TJ's Eggs
    1 box TJ's Truffle Brownie Mix
    1/4 cup TJ's Dried Tart Montmorency Cherries
    1/4 cup TJ's Walnut Halves and Pieces
    1 box TJ's Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring the butter to room temperature and combine the eggs with the butter and whisk/ mix. Slowly add in the brownie mix. Once the mixture is uniform, add in the cherries and walnuts; set aside. Lightly grease a brownie pan and place the chunks of cookie dough sporadically around the bottom of the pan (there may be a few pieces of cookie dough left, do with them what you must). Pour the brownie mix over the top, evenly coating the cookie dough. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Enjoy!
    Serves: 10
    Cooking Time: 45 Minutes

Trader Joe's
    Sounds GREAT! I am gonna make and bring this to a bbq this weekend. I tried to click on the thumbprint but my computer must be acting weird because it would only allow me to see half the picture. Anyway, the half I saw looked great! Cant wait to make it...glad to know all the ingredients are right there at TJs! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The last time I went to TJ's I was on a serious budget, so I couldn't really spare money for experimenting. I did pick up a box of their graham crackers and OMG, they are delicious! I'm not much of a sweets eater, so these are all I need in the way of cookies.
    My hubby and I make "easy lazy cheesecakes" this way:
    we spread a little schmear of chèvre (with or without a little vanilla extract and/or honey mixed in) on a TJ's graham cracker (gotta love it -- no HFCS, no trans-fats!), and top with a little schmear of TJ's lemon curd, and, if we're gettin' all fancy, topped with a slice of whatever fruit we bought at the farmers' market.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My TJ faves:

peach pops-my #1 favorite ever!!!!!!
    mini mint chocolate chip mouthfuls
    dark chocolate covered raisins
    dark chocolate covered pretzels
    any of the frozen croissaints
    blue cheese pecan dip
    boneless leg of lamb
    carnitas

I completely forgot about my addiction to the Fat Free Crumpets - Cinnamon Raisin. They are delicious with the Honey Apple Butter.

One more thing - TJ's has a new product - Dark Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Wafer Cookies. They are amazing! At work we call them "little bit 'o' heaven".

Ummmm - I think you just convinced me to make the trip to TJs today.
    Count your blessings!

Two new TJ "likes":
    Multigrain croissants: they're delicious and make the apartment smell like a bakery when they're in the oven. Also, unlike the other frozen croissants (mini, and pain au choc), you don't have to remember to proof them overnight; ten minutes for a partial thaw while the oven is heating, and they're good to go.
    Blueberry scones: these don't have to proof overnight, either! I like to "doll 'em up" by doing an egg wash, pressing some lemon zest on top, and then finishing with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar before popping them in the oven. We like to spread a little lemon curd on them.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Just bought some chocolate covered popcorn...I think there was some caramel in there too as they were chewy and gooey and ........mmm mmmm good!

Wow! The dark chocolate covered peanut butter wafer cookies are excellent! Thanks for that heads up. They were really pushing them... had them in the cookie section, the end of an aisle, and at the register. I got the blueberry covered chevre cheese, frozen roasted corn, fresh figs, dark coffee beans, and so much more!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread