+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    After reading this thread forever, I was so excited when we got a Trader Joes. I have been exactly three times. It's out of the way for me and , quite honestly was only inpressed by the wine and cheese. Nothing else was worth the traffic and extra 40 min. round trip. I haven't been in about 5 months now.
    I found it to be overrated and I was underwhelmed.
    I can't believe that you were only impressed by the wine and cheese which quite honestly I am UNDERwhelmed by compared to the the other products. If you are accustomed to shopping and eating processed foods you probably wouldn't enjoy most of the products at Trader Joes. Did you just "window" shop or did you actually buy some of the products and taste test them? It's hard to believe that this thread has been going strong for over two years by people posting about a store they are not impressed by. But to each their own! Bon Appetite

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm still eagerly waiting for my store to open!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My snow pea plant is producing like mad to the point where putting a few on salads isn't going to use them up, but I noticed a new stir-fry sauce and bought a bottle - it's called Black Pepper Sauce. Boy howdy it is spicy like you wouldn't believe! I love spicy black pepper so that is right up my alley, but it surprised me with how intense the flavor is. So much better than anything I find in the regular grocery store in the "international" aisle.

The way the snow peas are producing we will be stir frying snow peas every day! Something with the weather conditions struck them just right this year.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    My snow pea plant is producing like mad to the point where putting a few on salads isn't going to use them up, but I noticed a new stir-fry sauce and bought a bottle - it's called Black Pepper Sauce. Boy howdy it is spicy like you wouldn't believe! I love spicy black pepper so that is right up my alley, but it surprised me with how intense the flavor is. So much better than anything I find in the regular grocery store in the "international" aisle.

The way the snow peas are producing we will be stir frying snow peas every day! Something with the weather conditions struck them just right this year.
    Have you tried the Soyaki sauce? That's really good, too -- hubby used it with a tofu stir-fry. I'll bet it would be good combined with the Black Pepper Sauce if you want to add more of a "kick." (We like spicy, so we kicked it up with a few drops of Tabasco Habanero.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My 3 fave things from TJ's are the dark chocolate covered almonds, Italian meatballs & carnitas.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Have you tried the Soyaki sauce? That's really good, too -- hubby used it with a tofu stir-fry. I'll bet it would be good combined with the Black Pepper Sauce if you want to add more of a "kick." (We like spicy, so we kicked it up with a few drops of Tabasco Habanero.)
    Thanks, I was thinking it would probably be perfect if I cut it with something else - I'll look for that.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

We picked up some of the TJs spinach tortellini from the new Fearless Flyer last week. We tossed it with a little TJs refrigerated pesto and served it with garlic parmesan bread we made with a loaf of TJs ciabatta. It was all DELICIOUS!!!!

One of my boys wants to learn how to do more cooking so he is going to recreate it for us on Friday!

I absolutely love Trader Joes! We don't have one where I live so me and the gals from work cross into Michigan once a month to stock up. I have too many favourites to list however I would like to mention the Mandarin Orange Chicken is amazing over the Jasmine Rice. I also love their roasted chicken patties, the fat free feta cheese, the Guacamole Hummus, Chicken Won Tons, Honey Apple Butter, Vanilla Joe Joe's... should I stop now?

No! Keep going! I'm planning to go this weekend and most of my favorites have been discontinued. I like to try new things. The Guacamole Hummus is now on my list.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    No! Keep going! I'm planning to go this weekend and most of my favorites have been discontinued. I like to try new things. The Guacamole Hummus is now on my list.
    It's got a little bit of a kick to it so be prepared... the kick is a citrus-y overtone but it was very yummy with tortilla chips.

Let us know how your weekend shopping trip turns out!

+ Reply to Thread