+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3474119;
    I'm a fan of the garlic naan (frozen section) and lemongrass chicken spring rolls. They also have good pizza dough and a variety of flavored chicken sausages, and tzatziki sauce, in the cold-but-not-frozen area.
    Oh my.... love the Lemongrass Chicken Stix! I have two boxes of those left in my freezer at the moment, along with several boxes of the Trader Ming's Shu Mai (omg.. my stomach just growled thinking of them.) The Orange Chicken and the potstickers are also frozen faves that are current. The pizza dough is a great staple.

We used to buy the containers of chocolate teddy bear cookies that they used to have. Not sure if they're still there. And I love the different mixtures of nuts.. and trail mix type of snack foods. They have some pretty unique flavors.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

We like the Chipotle Chicken Skewers -- but we use them with the Thai rice noodles and organic peanut butter to make a Thai chicken with noodles and spicy peanut sauce dish.

BTW -- a TJs fan (I found this on Facebook's Trader Joe's Fans page) made a funny, unofficial "commercial" which really captures the essence of Trader Joe's. If you go on YouTube, type "Trader Joe's commercial" in the search field, and click on "If I made a commercial for Trader Joe's," you'll get a really good laugh!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3477273;
    Stupid food question -- what do you do with the lemon curd? I love lemon, and when I was there on Saturday, I walked around looking for the lemon curd. I found it, and picked it up to buy it. But then I couldn't figure out what I'd do with it once I had it, so I put it back.
    I love it on TJ's sourdough bread (toasted), but it could be used on anything that a burst of sticky lemon would add some zip... my daughter and I went a little crazy one time and put some on the rim of a martini glass and used that to adhere pop rocks on the rim of our drinks. It was an interesting experience, I have to say

I like the idea of pairing it with gingerbread or graham crackers and cream cheese. It is a very flavorful lemon "jam". I think the word "curd" makes it sounds a bit gross, but it is delicious. I also put it on toasted English muffins. Just a bit adds a lot. Give it a try...

Wow Cootie, I like that idea about placing it on the rims of your martini glasses! I will have to try that!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3478631;
    I love it on TJ's sourdough bread (toasted), but it could be used on anything that a burst of sticky lemon would add some zip... my daughter and I went a little crazy one time and put some on the rim of a martini glass and used that to adhere pop rocks on the rim of our drinks. It was an interesting experience, I have to say

I like the idea of pairing it with gingerbread or graham crackers and cream cheese. It is a very flavorful lemon "jam". I think the word "curd" makes it sounds a bit gross, but it is delicious. I also put it on toasted English muffins. Just a bit adds a lot. Give it a try...
    Okay, that makes sense now. I'll give it a try, thanks!

That commercial must have been made in San Francisco because the "cars that won't fit" is at one the Trader Joes I go to, and he is right...the cars do not fit....they have a full time parking attendant who does nothing but direct the cars in and out of their spots!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3480891;
    That commercial must have been made in San Francisco because the "cars that won't fit" is at one the Trader Joes I go to, and he is right...the cars do not fit....they have a full time parking attendant who does nothing but direct the cars in and out of their spots!
    Actually, they have the Full Time parking attendants at 1 of my TJ's also and I'm in So. CA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3480913;
    Actually, they have the Full Time parking attendants at 1 of my TJ's also and I'm in So. CA.
    This particular Trader Joes that is in the video is on Masonic street in SF. The entire right lane of traffic is backed up so bad that they had to add another lane to the road. It is completely insane and I just don't know how they get away with it. There is a shopping center across the street where the original Sears in SF was located but taken over by Mervyns. Mervyns recently went out of business and so there is a huge empty building with a HUGE empty parking lot, I wish they would move over there!
    They just opened a new TJ in the Stonestown Galleria which is a shopping mall in SF, the parking there is so bad....I wonder if TJ has a prerequisite before they open a new store...they make sure the parking sucks.

That song gets stuck in my head all the time! So cute.
    I have a question though, do Trader Joe's really have electronic whatevers that stop your cart?
    Or was that just a silly line because of the person in the background.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3480926;
    This particular Trader Joes that is in the video is on Masonic street in SF. The entire right lane of traffic is backed up so bad that they had to add another lane to the road. It is completely insane and I just don't know how they get away with it. There is a shopping center across the street where the original Sears in SF was located but taken over by Mervyns. Mervyns recently went out of business and so there is a huge empty building with a HUGE empty parking lot, I wish they would move over there!
    They just opened a new TJ in the Stonestown Galleria which is a shopping mall in SF, the parking there is so bad....I wonder if TJ has a prerequisite before they open a new store...they make sure the parking sucks.
    Wow. Only at TJ's.
    We have a new TJ's that is going in right across from a Ralph's market. I am sure that the parking will suck there, as well, and may alo require a parking attendant.
    My sister went to school right by the Stonestown Mall and I am sure she is thrilled she does not go there at his point.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread