+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

"And what happened???"

Nothing. I got an e-mail saying they had received it and did I know I could return any part of the wrapper if I wasn't happy for a refund? Well, not worth persuing at this point as the store is 40 min. away, and I really just wanted to give people a heads up. I'm not mad or anything... it was just a scary experience. It won't keep me from shopping there if I ever have several hours free to drive there and back. I did get an insulated bag at a yard sale today, so I guess some part of me intends to do just that.
    Count your blessings!

Gut - I think if you just hang onto it until the next time you go they'll still give you a refund. A few years back, I ended up with a jar of pasta sauce that I discovered had already been opened (aren't some people complete clods?). I was talking to the checker the next time I was there and just mentioned, while he had a jar of the same sauce in his hand, that I'd gotten an already-opened jar of it the last time I was in. He just popped it into the bag without scanning it. They're really nice about that stuff, in my experience.

I had a quite long conversation with a guy at our TJ's the other day about discontinued products and how much of a bummer it is when our favorite things get the boot. He told me that, in at least one case, the distributor for a product almost went out of business because they couldn't keep up with the demand from TJ's. In that case it was prepared rice, which is really popular (although I'm completely unfamiliar). TJ's actually gave the company money to expand their business so they could keep making the rice.

I told him that if they ever discontinue the Caribbean Fruit Floes, I'm going to pull a Norma Rae in the frozen food aisle!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Our TJ's is 45 min. away but I always went when I visited my son in the same town. He just moved across the country, so I don't anticipate going there just for that any time soon. Just wanted to warn others.
    I envy you being that close! There is not one Trader Joes in the entire state of Florida! I would LOVE to have one even an hour or more away!

Critical-I told him that if they ever discontinue the Caribbean Fruit Floes, I'm going to pull a Norma Rae in the frozen food aisle!
    Hysterical!

Hibernating

I've never been to Trader Joe's, but there is one about an hour or so away from me. I am trying to be more health concious about what I am feeding my family, so I am thinking if running over there sometime to check it out since reading this thread.

I want to find garlic, ginger, cinnamon, etc., that has not been irradiated. (vegtables and fruits, too.) Sure, irradiation may kill bacteria and what not, but I have read that it also destroys anything that's beneficial or of nutritional value. Could anyone tell me if they sell organic spices at TJ's? Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I envy you being that close! There is not one Trader Joes in the entire state of Florida! I would LOVE to have one even an hour or more away!

Shoepie: From the experience in getting our TJ's, they have to know there is enough interest to enter a particular state or neighborhood. Get on their website and let them know, and urge others who are interested in having them in FL to do the same. We had 2 TJs within driving distance, and it did take us a couple of years, but finally we got our own store in my town. They do market research, etc. to see if it will "fly." Ours is always crowded. Good luck.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Lurk View Post
    I've never been to Trader Joe's, but there is one about an hour or so away from me. I am trying to be more health concious about what I am feeding my family, so I am thinking if running over there sometime to check it out since reading this thread.

I want to find garlic, ginger, cinnamon, etc., that has not been irradiated. (vegtables and fruits, too.) Sure, irradiation may kill bacteria and what not, but I have read that it also destroys anything that's beneficial or of nutritional value. Could anyone tell me if they sell organic spices at TJ's? Thanks.
    The only spice I can vouch for is their California garlic powder, and it clearly states on the label it is non-irradiated. You might want to try their website and see if they have a listing of what they sell that is organic; an awful lot of their things are.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Guess I'd better start reading this thread since I'm about to have easy access to one of these places. I'll still have to drive about 10 miles to get there, but I will be checking it out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Guess I'd better start reading this thread since I'm about to have easy access to one of these places. I'll still have to drive about 10 miles to get there, but I will be checking it out.
    Shay -- you can also go to their website and sign up to get the "Fearless Flyer" online. Occasionally they also send out other stuff via e-mail which has recipes, etc. Very helpful info.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you, my friend! I'll look into that! I am definitely in the wanting-to-learn stage right now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am in love! (again, lol) I tried the Mango Chili ice floes this weekend and they were so darn good. Cold, sweet, and spicy hot all at the same time. I'm hoping they will be available for the rest of the summer.

I also tried the mushroom, tofu, and rice in black pepper sauce frozen meal. It was really tasty for a frozen meal, and not too high in calories

+ Reply to Thread