+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    Trader Joe's chocolate croissants...NUM! Just proof on a baking pan overnight and bake. I know they aren't healthy...but they are good just the same.

I do get annoyed that TJ's only carries puff pastry sheets during the holidays though. Spring/summer is a great time for fruit tarts. When heirloom tomatoes are at their peak, tomatoe, onion and goat cheese tarts are fabulous for snacking on while sitting on the deck with a glass of sauvignon blanc and looking out at the lake.
    Sounds so good. The wine pairing, even! I used the puff pastry a few years ago for a graduation party (in Oregon we have them all year round?) with a spicy pork with chiles and cheese. It was the hit of the party...

Has anyone tried the fresh pizza dough in the deli section? I made some this week and it was great! There is an herb flavored variety and a plain flour dough. Both were good, but very different than each other. Mr. C. loved them and is usually very picky. They do have a different taste than any other pizza dough, but I liked them both.
    Last edited by Cootie; 04-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone tried Trader Joe's "Harvest Hodgepodge?" Would appreciate any clever suggestions to use this product, but for me it has to be low sodium.
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    ...Has anyone tried the fresh pizza dough in the deli section? I made some this week and it was great! There is an herb flavored variety and a plain flour dough. Both were good, but very different than each other. Mr. C. loved them and is usually very picky. They do have a different taste than any other pizza dough, but I liked them both.
    All three kinds (plain, whole wheat, herb) are good go-tos for us! Hubby loves making pizza, but the mess of making a good dough doesn't always go well with our tiny apartment kitchen. Hubby loves making pizza, especially on the grill. (Helpful to form the pizza crust, freeze it so it keeps its shape, grill it on one side, flip it, put on the toppings, close the lid and finish cooking.)

I like to make soft breadsticks using the garlic-herb pizza dough. Easy, easy, easy!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Warning! I like to try new things and got the Green Papaya Salad in the frozen section. It was delicious right up until the last bite when I crunched something hard (thought I broke a tooth) and suddenly my mouth was in searing pain from some kind of spicy pepper. It was not even mildly hot up to that point. I drank milk, I ate ice cream, I couldn't get the pain to go away. I finally just had to wait it out. I'll NEVER get that again!
    Count your blessings!

I picked up the chicken sausages when they were taste testing them a few weeks ago.
    I think they're either fat free or low fat, no pork and have red and green bell pepper in them.
    They're pre-cooked, but you need to reheat. I do so in the saute pan to sear the outsides. I've had them with grilled peppers and TJ's vodka sauce. They're so good.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Warning! I like to try new things and got the Green Papaya Salad in the frozen section. It was delicious right up until the last bite when I crunched something hard (thought I broke a tooth) and suddenly my mouth was in searing pain from some kind of spicy pepper. It was not even mildly hot up to that point. I drank milk, I ate ice cream, I couldn't get the pain to go away. I finally just had to wait it out. I'll NEVER get that again!

Gutmutter -- I hope you wil tell the management about this next time you go to TJs. They are real interested in customer comments, and will most likely offer you a refund. That has been my experience, anyhow.

Our TJ's is 45 min. away but I always went when I visited my son in the same town. He just moved across the country, so I don't anticipate going there just for that any time soon. Just wanted to warn others.
    Count your blessings!

Our TJ's is 45 min. away but I always went when I visited my son in the same town. He just moved across the country, so I don't anticipate going there just for that any time soon. Just wanted to warn others.
    Write them. I don't file consumer complaints often but I found tiny bones in my Wolfgang Puck canned chicken soup (more than once) and wrote to them. They sent me coupons for 5 free cans of any variety of the same brand.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did it on-line.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the suggestion. I did it on-line.
    And what happened???

+ Reply to Thread