+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Thanks for all the recent suggestions. I just got back and will be trying the cherry juice, butter lettuce mix, champagne/pear/gorgonzola dressing - can't wait.
    Count your blessings!

I just tried the frozen mini broccoli/cheddar quiche.... it was amazing!! A tad on the salty side, but very tasty, and heated really well in the microwave. Also comes in Mexican and mushroom/spinach. Will definitely buy that again.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I'm so excited! We are finally getting a Trader Joe's. I always see you guys posting about and I've never been to one because there aren't any within a 3 hour drive. Penn State students/State College residents started a Facebook group to bring one to State College, and now they are!

State College, PA - State College Trader Joe's to Cover 12,500 Square Feet
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

We got one in Oct. I was so excited. I have been 3 times only. Not that I don't like it. Like it too much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

The Flyer came last week!!! Has anyone tried the Basalmic Glazed Onions from the freezer section? They sound so yummy (and the flatbread pizza recipe they provided looks to die for!)

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants View Post
    The Flyer came last week!!! Has anyone tried the Basalmic Glazed Onions from the freezer section? They sound so yummy (and the flatbread pizza recipe they provided looks to die for!)
    I haven't -- but mainly because it's so easy (and, for us, convenient year 'round) to make them fresh on the grill. But they do look good!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We got one late last year and I LOVE it!!! I have been far more than 3 times!!

I avoid it like the plague on weekends because you can barely get in and out of the parking lot - finding a parking space is a whole separate challenge. I make a point to stop by after work when I need something. I had to force myself to start paying attention to the nutrition labels so I wouldn't end up with too many high fat treats and convenience items. Some of them are just soooo good, I didn't want to know how bad they were for me!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I haven't -- but mainly because it's so easy (and, for us, convenient year 'round) to make them fresh on the grill. But they do look good!
    Ellen, your recipes (& your husbands) always look so good! I think I forgot to report back - I made your version of the butternut squash ravioli and sage brown butter sauce - soooooo good!! Thank you!

I'm so disappointed... several of my favorites have been discontinued. I'm trying to find new favorites, but it is a long drive to settle for second best.
    I do love the roasted corn in the frozen section.
    Count your blessings!

That's one of the things long-time TJ's fans have to deal with and it sucks! I'm still mourning the Chicken Colorado Bowl, the Sausage and Caramelized Onion Pizza and the Lentil Rice Biriyani. Allegedly, they only discontinue products when they don't sell well, but I call b.s. on that. Every time I went in, I had to dig for the Lentil Rice Biriyani because people had bought most of them. They quit making the Sausage and Onion corn meal crust pizza, but kept making the spinach and kalamata olive one that is horrid. I don't understand it. I think that, sometimes, they lose a distributor and it has nothing to do with sales figures.

I'll always shop there, but I still get upset when they discontinue products I love. Now, if they stop making the Caribbean Fruit Floes, I may have to picket the store or something!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread