+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

FORT Fogey

Re: Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's just came out with their favorite foods list for 2010. I got mine via e-mail, but it's on their website too. It's a PDF document, and seems to take a long time to load, so I don't know what's on it yet, but it is sure to be interesting.

Columbia,

I've got at least 5 of them now that they sent to me!!
    I was in the store yesterday and they were sampling the TJ's torta on crackers - it's got pesto and sun dried tomato. So good on crackers. The spanikopa was really good, as well.

I'm upset because the TJ's chocolate truffles I bought never managed to make their way into my packages and, unfortunately, I've already tossed my receipt. DARN!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4130319;
    Columbia,

I've got at least 5 of them now that they sent to me!!
    I was in the store yesterday and they were sampling the TJ's torta on crackers - it's got pesto and sun dried tomato. So good on crackers. The spanikopa was really good, as well.

I'm upset because the TJ's chocolate truffles I bought never managed to make their way into my packages and, unfortunately, I've already tossed my receipt. DARN!!
    I am on a very low sodium diet for medical reasons, so there is a lot of TJs delights I cannot have. I do like the spanikopita once in a while, however.
    They also have a lot of low sodium things which is why I shop there.

If you charged your purchase, the store should have an electronic record of what you were charged for. Just an idea.....hope it works!!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4130363;
    I am on a very low sodium diet for medical reasons, so there is a lot of TJs delights I cannot have. I do like the spanikopita once in a while, however.
    They also have a lot of low sodium things which is why I shop there.

If you charged your purchase, the store should have an electronic record of what you were charged for. Just an idea.....hope it works!!

Oh. Hadn't thought of that. I do always use my debit card, so maybe I will try to go back. Thanks!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4130389;
    [/B]

Oh. Hadn't thought of that. I do always use my debit card, so maybe I will try to go back. Thanks!
    You're welcome. I don't toss any debit receipts until my checkbook statement comes in. I use my charge card in TJs so I have a record of what I paid for. I am sure they will believe you; I've been shopping in TJs forever and they're always great. A friend of mine brought back an opened bottle of salad dressing because she didn't like it and they gave her back her money with an apology!!

MRD

We had a case of wine left from the wedding (I cannot BELIEVE people did NOT drink) from the case and a half we bought. Saved the receipt and TJ's took back the case of wine, no problem.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We got a bottle of wine once from TJ's whose cork had gone bad. It was one of their $5 wines -- we didn't want to bother with the mess of bringing back an opened bottle (inside the car = illegal, in the trunk = big purple spill risk) for a lousy five bucks. And we no longer had the receipt.

But the next time we were in the store, I mentioned it to our wine lady -- we wanted another bottle (because it's one we really like), but also wanted to check if she knew of similar problems with that case/shipment. She said, no, but sometimes that happens in the bottling process. And she gave us another bottle of wine, walked us to the management desk to be sure we weren't charged for it. No biggie about the receipt -- I think, though, it's because they know us there. (However, I imagine that if every other week I came in with a "corky wine" complaint, documentation may be requested and electronic records checked. I would hope so.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I bought a jar of pasta sauce there once and, when I got home and went to use it, I discovered that it had already been opened. What is wrong with people? I assume someone wanted to taste it before buying. Anyway, the next time I was in, I grabbed another jar (after checking the lid!) and then told the checker that I got one that had been opened last time. He just put it in the bag without charging me. They're really good about stuff like that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for weighing in, everyone, on TJ's. I know they're really good about customer service; I was just kind of embarassed to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4130666;
    We had a case of wine left from the wedding (I cannot BELIEVE people did NOT drink) from the case and a half we bought. Saved the receipt and TJ's took back the case of wine, no problem.
    Dang, I was just going to PM you my address.

+ Reply to Thread