+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

One other thing that I like at TJs is the pizza dough in the refrigerated section. For $1.99 it is not bad. Be sure to use a pizza stone that is heated before placing the pizza on to bake, to do this you will also need a pizza paddle. If you enjoy homemade pizza, it's worth it!
    Jamie, this thread has turned out to be very popular, you have to tell us what you come back with!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

You can use the pizza dough to make calzones as well -yummy!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

In the frozen section, they also have these little feta/carmelized onion tarts that are DELICIOUS. Not low-fat, sadly, but so good.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3475861;
    As planned, I had the wild mushroom and black truffle flat bread for dinner tonight. Oh my. Critical was not quite glowing enough in just how heavenly it really is. If years from now, any of you encounter a child named "Critical", then you'll know I was still remembering that flat bread, and who introduced it to me, when I have my first born.
    I didn't want to be too glowing in my review in case you'd all think I was a lunatic! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I also love those little mushroom turnovers....but not as much as the flatbread.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ok...what section do you buy the mushroom and black truffle flatbread? I have to try it now!

We are heading down on Saturday the 13th, I'm thinking it isn't coming soon enough after hearing all these glowing reviews! Better get to work clearing space out in the fridge and freezer. I cannot wait. Thank you SO much for all the great ideas!!
    Wag more, bark less

Lately I have been getting these jars of dolmas that are just so yummy. They come packed in olive oil.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3474823;
    There are many interesting sauces and the lemon curd, oh my!
    Stupid food question -- what do you do with the lemon curd? I love lemon, and when I was there on Saturday, I walked around looking for the lemon curd. I found it, and picked it up to buy it. But then I couldn't figure out what I'd do with it once I had it, so I put it back.

The pizza dough, especially whole wheat or garlic herb, make great breadsticks.

A quickie dessert or sweet-tooth satisfier using lemon curd:
    TJ's cinnamon (or regular) graham cracker (I like the ones from TJ because they don't contain hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats nor high-fructose corn syrup), spread with lowfat cream cheese, topped with a bit of lemon curd.

Lemon curd is also good on baked gingerbread or even a little bit on top of any of TJ's ginger cookies.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3477319;
    Lemon curd is also good on baked gingerbread or even a little bit on top of any of TJ's ginger cookies.
    It's also good on scones
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread