+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4119443;
    I drove by the new TJs last weekend and was shocked. I had no idea there was one there. I don't know where my head has been lately. I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't open though, but we didn't stop because we had our granddaughters with us and had already had enough "fun" shopping with two toddlers! I can imagine how crowded it will be. This time of the year, stores are especially crowded anyway, but I think I will have to stop when we are over there again.
    I'll remember to come back and rave about it. That way you will be extra motivated to stop the next time you are up this way!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4119355;
    I got a TJs "holiday guide" in the mail last night. I was practically drooling over the items advertised!! It inspired me to check again on the date our local store is supposed to open and I discovered that it opens on Monday next week - only 3 days away!!!! Now I'm torn. One part of me wants to immediately go and buy some yummy stuff and the other parts knows it will probably be ridiculously crowded and I should wait a bit for the fervor to die down a bit... I'm guessing the impatient part will probably win!
    I just got mine today and I'm sort of afraid to open it! I already saw the back where they talk about the new Candy Cane Joe-Joe's ice cream! I don't even have a big sweet tooth, but they have wonderful stuff. We had the Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows at my book club meeting last night and they're delicious!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

I finally went last night. OMG, was overwhelmed. Wanted everything I saw. We did find stuff we're going to buy for the wedding reception. We ended up with cheese and wine (2 buck chuck), artichoke ravioli, mushroom risotto, dried mango slices and a whole bunch of other stuff. I can't wait to go back. They were sampling mint flavored oreo style cookies and pear cider. Oh gosh, the pear cider was good.
    It wasn't real crowded (it was also 8:30 at night) and I just wandered aimlessly. Oh we got irish butter too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Gut, you said you liked the artichoke ravioli from TJ's. What kind of sauce do you use on them?

MRD

I bought the TJ's aspargus risotto. I love risotto. But this was just blah. I was really disappointed. But so far am not disappointed in anything else. I hate making risotto, so thought this would be a great alternative. If I buy it again, I would have to doctor it it was so bland.

FORT Fan

MRD - I just got the artichoke ravioli, but I haven't made it yet. I was going to make a parmesan lemon garlic sauce to go with it, I'll let you know how it turns out.

I also picked up the mac & cheese bites, which they were sampling, they are delicious! And, the bacon wrapped steak and scallop bites... can't wait to try them!! Also, the egg nog cookies are *almost* gone - so yummy!!

MRD

We saw those "bites" but they were not sampling. Will probably get them for Christmas day snacking.

I was thinking of a parm/lemon sauce as well after doing some internet research. Let me know how yours works out.

I want to go back and buy a whole bunch of cheeses. Oh my, I dearly love cheese and their selection looked great.

Stopped in yesterday and found they, once again, have the packaged lettuce in the butter lettuce / raddichio blend - my fave. I was told about a month ago that the prices had gone up so much that they weren't restocking it. So, very glad to see they must have truck a deal.
    My favorite candy, however, appears to be gone. Dark chocolate, raspberry covered, jelles. I'm hoping for them to retutrn, too.
    They were sampling milk chocolate salted caramel butter cookies at the checkout stnad. Wow, they were really good, so I picked up a box of them.
    Also, if you love the taste of pears with gorgonzola cheese, the TJ's packaged pear and gorgonzola salad is terrific. And, the lobster ravioli tastes terrific with TJ's marinara sauce.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Sometimes things just disappear from TJs, never to return. Some are seasonal, like the pumpkin butter, which I love on toast.

BTW the pumpkin butter, mixed with an equal amount of mayonnaise, and a dash of lemon juice, makes a good salad dressing. My DIL made it and it was delicious.

Kao

Wait a minute...PEAR CIDER!

I'm due for another trip out to Trader Joes and I hope that it's available in my location. That sounds delicious!

+ Reply to Thread