+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

MRD

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4108621;
    If you and your neighbors start a letter-writing campaign, they will see the interest and do a marketing survey. Don't know where in OK you live, but if it's a reasonable sized city, they might consider it.

This is how we got our TJs.
    And that's how we got ours too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I got to go to TJ's that is 70 miles away yesterday. The Candy Cane Jo-Jo's are back! They are Oreo-like cookies with mint flavor and are so good with hot cocoa! I never buy cookies like this except for these at the holiday season...

MRD, I am so happy for you that you finally got your own store. I know you have been reading this thread since day 1. We have been trying to get one in my town for a long time and have a great location lined up, but I understand that it won't work out for some reason I am still hoping for it to happen. I figure that the longer this store is vacant, maybe it can happen. It is a half mile from my house. And there are no grocery stores within a few miles, so it would get lots of business including from a major freeway nearby. I just don't get their reluctance to locate here.

Don't forget to try the Candy Cane Jo-Jo's!

FORT Fogey

Cootie -- as I told someone a couple of pages back, you and your neighbors need to "pester" them a bit. We did that for a couple of years, even though we had two TJs within 15 miles of our town, and they finally built a store here. Needless to say it's always crowded!!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4111072;
    Cootie -- as I told someone a couple of pages back, you and your neighbors need to "pester" them a bit. We did that for a couple of years, even though we had two TJs within 15 miles of our town, and they finally built a store here. Needless to say it's always crowded!!
    Columbia that was me and I just sent a message to them about how we could get one in our area. I live 22 miles outside Tulsa, Ok so I would think they would have better success in Tulsa itself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;4111349;
    Columbia that was me and I just sent a message to them about how we could get one in our area. I live 22 miles outside Tulsa, Ok so I would think they would have better success in Tulsa itself.
    Up until we got our own store, I went either 15 or 20 miles to get to a Trader Joe's. I just went, stocked up with enough to last me 3-4 months, and that was that. I don't buy their meat or deli items, except for the hummus, and that will last unopened a while. Mainly I stocked up on staple items, and things I must have for my low-sodium diet, which are either in cans, jars, or can be frozen.

Nevertheless, wish you good luck and I hope you get your store!!

FORT Regular

Someone here talked about creating a salad of mixed greens, beets, goat cheese and pecans. Bought everything at TJ's and OMG it's delicious. I made my own dressing the first time, the second time, we used TJ's Tuscany flavor and that was good, too.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57;4112609;
    Someone here talked about creating a salad of mixed greens, beets, goat cheese and pecans. Bought everything at TJ's and OMG it's delicious. I made my own dressing the first time, the second time, we used TJ's Tuscany flavor and that was good, too.

Thanks for that suggestion!
    Was that me? I can't remember, but it's one of my favorite salads! I usually do a balsamic dressing with olive oil, some spices and a dash of maple syrup. It's delicious! I've also thrown in the dried Montmorency cherries (also really yummy with the Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal) with those ingredients and it's fab.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Cubed apples taste amazing in a salad like that too!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I got a TJs "holiday guide" in the mail last night. I was practically drooling over the items advertised!! It inspired me to check again on the date our local store is supposed to open and I discovered that it opens on Monday next week - only 3 days away!!!! Now I'm torn. One part of me wants to immediately go and buy some yummy stuff and the other parts knows it will probably be ridiculously crowded and I should wait a bit for the fervor to die down a bit... I'm guessing the impatient part will probably win!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4119355;
    I got a TJs "holiday guide" in the mail last night. I was practically drooling over the items advertised!! It inspired me to check again on the date our local store is supposed to open and I discovered that it opens on Monday next week - only 3 days away!!!! Now I'm torn. One part of me wants to immediately go and buy some yummy stuff and the other parts knows it will probably be ridiculously crowded and I should wait a bit for the fervor to die down a bit... I'm guessing the impatient part will probably win!
    I drove by the new TJs last weekend and was shocked. I had no idea there was one there. I don't know where my head has been lately. I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't open though, but we didn't stop because we had our granddaughters with us and had already had enough "fun" shopping with two toddlers! I can imagine how crowded it will be. This time of the year, stores are especially crowded anyway, but I think I will have to stop when we are over there again.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread