+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Trader Joe's

One of the things I love about Trader Joe's is that every employee is a foodie, and they are all so glad you stopped by. They are genuinely cheerful poeople and they are beyond helpful to me.

Sometimes, I'll stop in there before having a little gathering in my home with no idea of what to serve. The TJ folks will make recommendations, help me pick cheeses and other things, and check me out. It's like a food consult. They do this with real pleasure and enthusiasm.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

If my business goes belly-up (a real fear), the first place I'm applying to are the Trader Joe's stores around here.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I can't wait to go. I still haven't been. I am afraid I will go bananas. We are on a tight budget at the moment, so I know I will blow it on a ton of goodies, so I'm staying out for the moment.
    We are getting the wedding wine there, so maybe that can be my time to go.
    I know they are inexpensive, but I will buy so much stuff that we don't really need that I'm afraid it won't be an inexpensive trip. I am SUCH an impulse buyer nad all the stuff you guys talk about will end up in my cart. I cannot restrain myself in stores like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4108096;
    I can't wait to go. I still haven't been. I am afraid I will go bananas. We are on a tight budget at the moment, so I know I will blow it on a ton of goodies, so I'm staying out for the moment.
    We are getting the wedding wine there, so maybe that can be my time to go.
    I know they are inexpensive, but I will buy so much stuff that we don't really need that I'm afraid it won't be an inexpensive trip. I am SUCH an impulse buyer nad all the stuff you guys talk about will end up in my cart. I cannot restrain myself in stores like that.
    The good thing is that none of it will go to waste. You'll eat it, and you'll love it. You gotta eat. I say if you have to splurge, do it on food from TJ's!

OK, I'm an enabler.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4108109;
    The good thing is that none of it will go to waste. You'll eat it, and you'll love it. You gotta eat. I say if you have to splurge, do it on food from TJ's!

OK, I'm an enabler.

It's so strange for me to read all these accolades about Trader Joe's. They've been in my town for a long time and in the 13 years I've lived here I may have gone shopping there a half a dozen times. The times I have gone, though, the place is mobbed. It's more or less like a Whole Foods type of store but much smaller. The vegetarian entrees that I went in search of for my sons didn't pan out as they contained onion and garlic, which they cannot eat. The quality is good, I guess, but expensive. Plus no way, Jose, will my meat and potatoes eating SO, eat anything he deems exotic like Indian, Thai, Vietnamese.... yeah, there's a whole culinary world out there but he sticks to meat, potatoes, and Italian cuisine.

FORT Fogey

ECM -- Trader Joe's is also less expensive than Whole Foods. I shopped Whole Foods a couple of times and found their prices high.

One thing about TJs is if you need to follow a special diet: low-sodium, low-fat, gluten feee, etc. they have guideline sheets showing which products fit into those guidelines. PLUS they have fabulous greeting cards for 99 cents.

One employee took me throughout the store on a "tour" pointing out products to fit my low-sodium diet. I was most grateful. Yay, TJs.

As for the meat and potatoes SOs, perhaps ours are related. LOL

I am jealous we don't have a Trader Joe's in our area.

FORT Fogey

If you and your neighbors start a letter-writing campaign, they will see the interest and do a marketing survey. Don't know where in OK you live, but if it's a reasonable sized city, they might consider it.

This is how we got our TJs.

There isn't a TJ's anywhere in Ok. The closest is in Missouri and it is close to Illinois so that would make it a long way from me.

FORT Fogey

My point exactly. You and your neighbors need to make TJs aware of your interest. Perhaps they will respond. You never know until you try.

+ Reply to Thread