+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4099361;
    Sure! He does his own "tweak" of a Mario Batali recipe for pasta with sage brown butter. Here it is:
    ==================
    Ingredients
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    8 sage leaves (fresh)
    juice of a lemon half

Directions
    Melt butter in a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan and continue cooking until golden brown color (like a hazelnut) appears in the thinnest liquid of the butter. Add sage leaves and remove from heat. Add lemon juice and set aside.
    ====================
    Then, after cooking the ravioli, he just tosses the brown butter and the ravioli together. And if we're being "fancy," we garnish with fresh sage leaves.
    Thank you so much, Ellen, it sounds delicious!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Squee!!!
    My Trader Joe's Thanksgiving flyer just came in today's mail!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

WOO HOO, Trader Joe's just opened here! My daughter went today and said it was packed. But she got a great selection of cheeses, wine and a pumpin cheesecake.
    I can't WAIT to get in there and we are buying the wedding wine from there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4105620;
    WOO HOO, Trader Joe's just opened here! My daughter went today and said it was packed. But she got a great selection of cheeses, wine and a pumpin cheesecake.
    I can't WAIT to get in there and we are buying the wedding wine from there.
    So happy for you, mrd! Bon appetit!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

MRD

I can't wait. I am so excited. But no way am I getting in that crowd. My daughter said it was CRAZY. "Worse than Walmart on a Saturday before Christmas" was how she put it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4105636;
    I can't wait. I am so excited. But no way am I getting in that crowd. My daughter said it was CRAZY. "Worse than Walmart on a Saturday before Christmas" was how she put it.
    Wow. I'm really glad that TJ's is "old hat" here -- with plenty of locations from which to choose. Give it a couple of weeks, and the store will be "shoppable." The real customers will stay, and the "looky-loos" will go back to wherever they usually go.

But I remember when Krispy Kreme (yuck!!!) opened about a mile from here a few years ago. For two weeks, there were lines nearly around the block. But shortly after that, the excitement died down. And now it's nearly dead, and I have a feeling that they'll go out of business at the current location. They'll probably have better luck in East County. We're not far from the beach, so doughnut shops around here don't last very long.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD,
    Glad you've got a TJ's now!!

Ellen,
    Our TJ's is always a circus - no matter what time of day or night you come!!
    As are all the other TJ's close by.
    They did have good samples today, though. Scalloped potatoes. OMG. I'm glad I never make those things - They were to die for and I could literally feel them going staright to my hips as I stood on the long line.
    I have become addicted to the French Truffles. So creamy that they seem to melt in your mouth.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Love Trader Joe's!! In our town we fought long and hard to get them, and they've been here a couple of years now.

I'm on a low-sodium diet, and am grateful for the products they have which fit into my diet: no-sodium bread, no salt added marinara sauce, canned tuna and salmon, salt free tortilla chips, etc. Not things which will tickle the average palate, mind you, but they make my diet bearable.

MRD you will just love the place!!

I have always resisted looking in this thread because I have never lived near a Trader Joe's and I really didn't want to know what I was missing. Well I just found out last week that one is opening up nearby soon!!!! I read they are planning to open by the end of the year. I am SO looking forward to it!! I only hope that they get a good amount of business because they aren't in the best location.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4106771;
    I have always resisted looking in this thread because I have never lived near a Trader Joe's and I really didn't want to know what I was missing. Well I just found out last week that one is opening up nearby soon!!!! I read they are planning to open by the end of the year. I am SO looking forward to it!! I only hope that they get a good amount of business because they aren't in the best location.

Trader Joe's is known for doing a lot of research before they decide on a location. We used to drive 20 miles just to get to one, and many people still do. I think you will find that the case wherever it is you live. I've never been in a TJ's when it is not busy. Enjoy!!

+ Reply to Thread