+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

The new Fearless Flyer came this week! Has anyone tried the Maple Leaf Cookies? Maple flavored cookies with maple cream between? I'm totally going this week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3733301;
    The new Fearless Flyer came this week! Has anyone tried the Maple Leaf Cookies? Maple flavored cookies with maple cream between? I'm totally going this week.
    Love them! But they're addictive.

Anyway, I was happy to find them, because I used to get a similar sort of cookie -- Vons/Safeway brand -- but then stopped buying them several years ago because they contain high-fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils. I was thrilled to see that the TJ's brand contains neither of those nasty ingredients!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They are a HUGE hit at my store (I have them in the back room); everybody loves them! I also love that they don't have any of the nasty stuff in them; makes it less of a guilt thing for me.

I tried some of the chocolate-hazelnut Soft Bites (the mini biscotti) and they're really good. We also got some of the little cheese souffles to try, but I haven't yet since a) our ramekins broke, and b) I've been busy working. I've rediscovered my love for the French Onion soup, though-absolutely amazing. The pie crusts are back, and this year? Flat-packed instead of folded. I have to make pies for a church event next week, so they will be perfect. The cinnamon almonds are also back; they've been a favourite of mine for ages.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Hooray for Trader Joe's - I have a meeting 125 miles away tomorrow that will mean a trip to TJ's is just a short hop off the freeway on my way home so I will be there to stock up. I had the angus burger today at lunch that I grilled last night for dinner. I happened to have a fresh pineapple handy so I grilled slices of that, too. And put the Trader Ming's Soyaki sauce on it for good measure. So good!

I plan on getting the pie crusts for sure and will check the posts here to add to my list. It sounds good that they are flat now.

I went to see my son this week. He lives in the same town as the nearest TJ's so I was really looking forward to stocking up. By the time I had seen his new job site, taken him to dinner, and gotten caught up on his life (pretty depressing at this point) it was late, dark, and I was in a sad mood, so I didn't stop and now I'm mad at myself. Maybe it's for the best. I don't always make the best choices when I go there. Last time I left with a whole box of sampler cheesecakes!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Sorry for your lack of Trader Joe's today, Gut. I just got back from my "local" store (70 miles away) and came home with a few interesting items. I got the new pie crusts, I talked myself out of the maple cookies (they did look delicious) and the vanilla filled puff pastry (oh my, not sure what they were called, but my daughter and I had to pull ourselves away, they looked amazing). We did get some artichoke ravioli and the basil marinara sauce. Limes, sourdough bread and some new bread they were featuring. Oh yes, we got the gingerbread and pumpkin mix and some sauce called Island Soyaki.

I tasted the new spiced cider. It is great too. I had restraint today, but will be back there in a week or so. The fall items look great.

I came home from TJ's today with the Maple Leaf Cookies and the Aracini Bites (rice balls filled with Fontina ) among lots of other good stuff. I was bummed that one serving of the cookies was one cookie until I tried them. They're so sweet and rich that I could only eat one anyway! They're delish.

Since I'm looking at eating less meat, I grabbed some new products, like the organic veggie chili and some tofu, along with some Brussels sprouts, which I plan on roasting. I also got the rest of the ingredients I needed to make the Mediterranean Lentil Salad in the Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's cookbook.

BTW - the authors of that cookbook have a new one that's just out. I saw it at the book trade show a few weeks ago and it's super cool. It's a pocket shopping guide with recipes, so you can pop it in your purse and take it with you to TJ's. It's about the size of a wine guide. Here's the link to it on amazon: Amazon.com: The Trader Joe's Companion: A Portable Cookbook (9780979938429): Deana Gunn, Wona Miniati: Books

I'm totally buying one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Hi, everyone. Just found this thread. We were without a TJs for eons. Many people in Columbia called, e-mailed, and generally pestered them until they opened a store here. It works if they know there is a big demand.
    Since the store opened here, I've never gone into it when it was not crowded.

I also found the staff knowledgeable and helpful about special diets. I'm on a very low sodium diet for health reasons, and one kind staff person took me all throughout the store and showed me I could find products there for things I had given up, such as salsa. I can't say enough about how helpful they are.

And, for those of you who shop there, don't they have the nicest greeting cards? And they're only 99 cents.

Great place, great people.

Columbia, I've been on a low-sodium diet since 1978 (which sounds so much better than "30 years"!). It isn't too bad once you get used to it.

Holler if you have any questions :-) I'd be glad to try and help!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3737722;
    Columbia, I've been on a low-sodium diet since 1978 (which sounds so much better than "30 years"!). It isn't too bad once you get used to it.

Holler if you have any questions :-) I'd be glad to try and help!

I sent you a PM a few minutes ago on this subject. Maybe we can share some ideas.

+ Reply to Thread