+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I tried something new, they are called arancini bites. They are rice balls stuffed with fontina cheese and coated in bread crumbs. I ate them with marinara sauce for dipping, and they were a really, really tasty snack. Next time I'm invited to a party, I'm going to try to make them from scratch as an appetizer.

What section were they in?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3717120;
    What section were they in?
    Frozen foods, there were a dozen in the box.

That sounds good -- and easy! Two weeks ago we made rice balls with leftover butternut-squash risotto, quattro fromaggio in the center, coated with panko breadcrumbs, and baked. It was really good -- and not too labor intensive -- but the frozen TJ's stuff would be a nice fast alternative, especially if there's no leftover risotto in the fridge.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Now that our weather is getting a little cooler, I finally got around to making the lasagna on the side of the no boil noodles box. WOW!! I had frozen their chicken sausage with spinach, garlic and fontina and used that. I'm so glad I bought enough to make three lasagnas, but am regretting only buying one sausage! Thanks to the person(s) who so highly recommended the recipe.
    Wag more, bark less

I really love the tortellinis that are in the refrigerated/cheese section-today I cooked up the pesto tortellini along with four vegetables (one head of broccoli, two carrots, 3 green onions, half a Walla Walla Sweet onion) and my dijon sauce-it's so good. Cook up the pasta with the veggies (you can add more if you want) and you'll have at least three very filling meals.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

We (hubby and I) love the artichoke ravioli. We serve it as a side with the wild blue shrimp (for health reasons, we're avoiding farmed seafood) with fun sauces. The wife of one of my clients gifted us with a wonderful French cookbook which has some amazing sauce recipes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

To be honest, Ellen, there is absolutely no reason why you should go farmed, unless you live in an area where access to seafood is scarcer (we are blessed here in Seattle, with seafood restaurants everywhere and a chain that can knock the tar out of Popeye's or Long John Silver's...oh yeah, I don't eat seafood). Not only is it bad for the salmon-they typically have additives added after they are killed, but they're essentially being raised in their own wastes. Once you have fresh for awhile after you do the farmed, you can't go back. When I did eat seafood (I quit nearly two years ago), we had no qualms about paying more per pound (even here) for the wild. I think the next step for the fishing industry, to avoid the other stuff that gets into nets, is line-caught fish. It's going to drive costs up, yes, but it's a much more ethical option to me (I'm not trying to prosletyze people into not eating fish though!).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Tried two more new items, iced oatmeal cookies and queso nacho cheese. The oatmeal cookies are really tasty, I had some with hot tea this weekend and they really hit the spot. The queso was good too, it had a strong lime flavor that I really liked.

Kao

Ooh, that queso sounds nice; I'll have to try that!

+ Reply to Thread