+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

The apple strudel is excellent. Especially when it just comes out of the oven.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I very quickly stopped in today and they have another new rice carton! It's the same concept as the noodle cartons (pad thai, etc) but this one is a green curry. It's vegan, unlike the other rice carton, but both are $1 each. Needless to say, if I get a job I will be hoarding these bad boys. I mean, $1 apiece? Score!

If only they sell red velvet cake...I would be set for life.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3711517;
    I very quickly stopped in today and they have another new rice carton! It's the same concept as the noodle cartons (pad thai, etc) but this one is a green curry. It's vegan, unlike the other rice carton, but both are $1 each. Needless to say, if I get a job I will be hoarding these bad boys. I mean, $1 apiece? Score!

If only they sell red velvet cake...I would be set for life.
    The green curry is good! The rice and noodle boxes, for me, with the baked tofu cubed and added before heating, are a nice quickie lunch between my teaching/tutoring sessions.

As for red velvet cake? A couple doors down from my TJ's is a bakery that makes red velvet cupcakes!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks to whomever recommended the Lobster Ravioli. I found them at the new TJ's by my gym. They were good.

One of my favorite new finds is the cut white corn. It's in the frozen section. And it tastes like it just came off a fresh corn on the cob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3711544;
    The green curry is good! The rice and noodle boxes, for me, with the baked tofu cubed and added before heating, are a nice quickie lunch between my teaching/tutoring sessions.

As for red velvet cake? A couple doors down from my TJ's is a bakery that makes red velvet cupcakes!
    I would hope that I could find more bakeries that do red velvet in the area, but many of them are way out of the way for me, or they don't do red velvet. It isn't an easy cake to make by any stretch of the imagination.

As far as the baked tofu goes, I eat it right out of the package. I have a TJ's on the way to the beach that I normally go to, so I ride the trolley up to the stop a couple blocks away, get my tofu, and then eat it while waiting for the bus that actually gets me to the beach. The teriyaki tofu is addicting. I am bored of the pad thai, though, so it's on to try something new.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711553;
    One of my favorite new finds is the cut white corn. It's in the frozen section. And it tastes like it just came off a fresh corn on the cob.
    Try the asparagus spears. They are like fresh also.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3711574;
    Try the asparagus spears. They are like fresh also.
    THanks for the heads up. Had no idea. I absolutely love asparagus and soon it will no longer be available fresh.

Okay they just got a ton of new stuff in, but we picked up some not-so-new things and hope to try them! Here's what we got that we haven't tried before:

Jasmine rice box with green curry-I picked up four, since I love Thai food. This is completely vegan. It's in the hot pink box.
    Bruschettas-we got the sun-dried tomato and the mixed olive in the hexagonal jars, as well as the regular tomato one in the rectangular jar.
    Chutneys-we got the apple-cranberry, as well as the mango-ginger.
    Stir-fry vegetables
    Flatbreads-these are the plain ones.
    Gingerbread cake/baking mix-we got two boxes. This apparently JUST came out-meaning that hopefully my pie crusts won't be too far behind.
    Almond "little dippers"-pricey, but good-it's a little less crunchy than biscotti, so you can eat them out of the box.
    Slivered almonds-We got an 8 ounce bag for $2.49-it's $1.79 for less than that at the Fred Meyer. I bake a lot for church and such, so these will be a godsend to me.

Finally, one thing that we got, I tried, and we are hoarding whenever we go? The jars of cornichons. I was RAISED on those things seemingly-at every big family event or for any special occasion, we had pate, Carr's table water crackers, and a thingy of cornichons. (This was before I went vegetarian) They're miniature pickles, but there's no sweetness to it-they're very bitter but that's what I love. Regular pickles can be too sweet for my tastes.

That's good to know about asparagus-I'm a huge fan, and I should have bought a ton to freeze when we had local varieties this summer.

I'm looking forward to the pie crusts again, too. They're the ONLY ready-made ones (in the places where I shop) without trans fats.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

See most pie crusts have lard, but the TJ's ones do not-they're safe for people who are okay with eggs and dairy but don't like other animal products. They are amazing, although huge! I like to just bake up the leftover/extra crust with some cinnamon and some jam inside and it is so good. Once they come out though, we are seriously cleaning out the old chest freezer and making room for these bad boys, since I love to bake, and with a lot of church events, I kind of have to.

I'm really excited to try the bruschetta, though. Red Robin does a bruschetta chicken burger with pesto aioli (I get it with a Boca patty instead of chicken) and I really like it (I don't get the balsamic glaze, since I cannot stand balsamic vinegar), so I'm going to do bruschetta Boca burgers tomorrow night on onion buns.

+ Reply to Thread