+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I got some of the pita chips today - I think they're parmesan and garlic. Can't wait to try them. The only chips I usually buy there are the salt and pepper rice chips. I also got a few packages of the lobster ravioli, since it's going to be gone soon. It's nearly 100 degrees out, so I ended up with some of the fruit bars too - tropical, which is my favorite. The were giving away samples of the frozen veggie samosas, which were divine, if not a little spicy.

They didn't have the carmelized onion and sausage corn meal crust pizza - just the crummy spinach and feta one (I love those two together, but this pizza is awful). Anyone seen them at their local TJ's? I'll be so sad if they've been phased out - those pizzas are literally my favorite thing at TJ's
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

^I should have looked today; I was at a huge Trader Joe's that is super-spacious, as opposed to the one I usually go to which is cramped.

Since I am dieting right now, I can't have my usual junk foods, but I am ga-ga over the garlic naan bread. They come 4 to a pack for I think $2 or $3, and you just heat the oven at 400 for 10 minutes, then cook for 2-3 minutes. Less than 200 calories each, and they get me the garlic that I need (I love garlic). Also, I think I have a problem...I can't live without my teriyaki tofu blocks. I'm going to have to learn to make them myself, because it's cheaper than $3.49 for 2 blocks.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3687896;
    Oh wow, just bought some sesame huney coated cashews and MAN, they are delish!

*munchcrunchchew*
    Those are very good! Man I want some right now. Also, you must try the Gummie Tummies. Gummy penguins with fruity lquid inside. Scrumptious!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3688216;
    They didn't have the carmelized onion and sausage corn meal crust pizza - just the crummy spinach and feta one (I love those two together, but this pizza is awful). Anyone seen them at their local TJ's? I'll be so sad if they've been phased out - those pizzas are literally my favorite thing at TJ's
    I looked for the corn meal crust pizza that was recommended here and didn't find it at my TJ's. It would be in the frozen section, right? With the other pizzas?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3689626;
    I looked for the corn meal crust pizza that was recommended here and didn't find it at my TJ's. It would be in the frozen section, right? With the other pizzas?
    It's in the fresh prepared food section with the other pizzas and the pizza dough. They're just in cellophane, rather than a box.

You know what else I miss? The Thai noodle salad AND the chicken colorado bowl. They also have really cut down on the varieties of non-fat yogurt they have. Maybe they just ran out, but the didn't have strawberry, strawberry-banana or mixed berry and those last two are my favorites!

I should quit complaining.... it might be bad juju and then they'll get rid of the lentil rice biriyani!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

We have a 4-day weekend. I feel a trip to TJs coming on. Any new favorites to recommend for me? Def looking for that corn meal crust pizza. Thanks Critical.
    Count your blessings!

The only "new" thing that I tried in my last trip was the Cinnamon Cookies. They might be called Cinnamon Alphabet Cookies... they are in a large clear plastic tub in the shelves above the refrigerated/freezer section. They are yummy and light.

This last trip I just stocked up on my Chicken Shu Mai and Chicken Lemongrass Stix.

SpringMaiden... GummyTummies are fun.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

We got some of the Madelines today, and I am obsessed. They're $2.39 for a 6-pack, and 75 calories a cookie. My mum also got the Chicken Shu Mai to try, and I'll ask her verdict. I got a block of the super-firm tofu so that I can try and make my own teriyaki tofu, as the premade stuff is getting very pricey. I also got the bags of ravioli-it's in the pasta section-to see how good that is. I would give for a cheesecake right about now, but it's only been two weeks into my diet. It might be a treat after I get down to where I want to be. Still the best value though, at $7. I don't need a Costco cheesecake, I just need the small one.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Hugely successful trip to TJ today. Still no cornmeal crust pizza sightings. I got Belgian chocolates that look like Pringles and took them to a women's discussion group where they were very, very appreciated. Got the Cambozoli cheese I love, and it's GREAT with the Pita chips someone recommended upthread. I wish now I had gotten more of those. They were giving out samples of mini chicken tacos and I liked them so got a box. Couldn't find the Kenya coffee. Darn! Also have to ask for more specifics on the pineapple curry dipping sauce. I had a store employee helping me look and couldn't find it. What is it specifically called?
    Count your blessings!

Okay, I found a new product to drool over! I just had the Tarte d'Alsace tonight. It's a tart (kind of like a flat bread) with ham, caramelized onions and gruyere cheese. I watched my calories, so I could eat the whole thing (which isn't huge) for dinner. It's not something I'd get every time I go to TJ's, since I'm trying to lose weight, but it was great for a special treat.

+ Reply to Thread