+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Trader Joe's

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3539240;
    Edy's makes a coconut fruit bar that is to die for... not to take you away from Trader Joe's. I'll have to look for that blueberry ice cream. Since my TJ's is 30 min. away, I'll have to eat it in the parking lot. Hope it's just a pint.
    I live about 45 minutes away from mine, so I always bring a cooler in the summer - TJ's also sells insulated bags and they work for all but the hottest days.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I had the Trader Joe's portabella mushroom ravioli for dinner tonight. They were really, really good. I just added salt, pepper, and a little butter and they were yummy.

Last week I had the Rustic Style Polenta. The polenta was pretty good but the cheese sauce was too "cheesy", if you know what I mean. Almost like the sauce from a macaroni and cheese dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3546896;
    I had the Trader Joe's portabella mushroom ravioli for dinner tonight. They were really, really good. I just added salt, pepper, and a little butter and they were yummy.
    Those have such a nice flavor, we don't like to hide them with sauce, either. I like them with just a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (plain or basil-infused), and topped with a few shards of shaved pecorino romano.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I am going to TJ's tomorrow. Time to make a list and include some of your ideas! Those lobster ravioli sound very good.

You have to get some of the flatbreads...they are so nice for a summer day. Also their dijon mustard is super cheap and works well for me, especially because I use a lot of mustard in my cooking. It is on the hotter side though-if you like a milder dijon, I would suggest tracking down Maille. It's an authentic French dijon that my high school French teacher liked. The almond butter is really good, too. It's important for me, as a vegetarian, to sneak in more protein, and almond butter is great for me. I can't stand peanut butter, but I love almonds. Put it on an onion bagel and I am good to go.

Yes, I do almonds with onions.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3545181;
    Thanks to whoever suggested the Lobster Ravioli. It goes SO GOOD with vodka sauce!

A new item to die over: Blue Cheese and Pecan dip. I found it when I was looking for the jalapeno dip (which they didn't have). Insanely delicious on crackers. We ate it all and I'm so sad now.
    They were out of lobster ravioli when I went, so I asked a stocker to look in the back and they were out there, too. He said it was being discontinued (!!!) but they might get it again before that happens. I never got to try it, so I'm not upset, but heads up to those who might want to stock up or have one last hoorah. Cherry Clafoutis are the custardy cakes (frozen dessert section) I was raving about a while back. I got more and they're even better heated up a little. Sooo good. Is the Blue Cheese and Pecan dip in the refrigerated cheese section? I'll have to look for that.
    And a huge THANK YOU! to whoever recommended the triple ginger crackers. OMG!!!!!! That is all.
    Count your blessings!

Just a heads-up: the cashier told me they are discontinuing the chedder flavored kettle chips.

Everyone should try the frozen salmon dishes (individually wrapped with various filings). We drive a 1.5 hours each way with a cooler to buy these because they cook fast, taste delicious, and are super inexpensive! Oh, the edamame is good too!
    (we bought the shepherds pie last time and it wasn't that awesome for the price, just to throw that out).

Our dog loves the charley treats (cheaper than petsmart).

We also like the TJ tea tree shampoo.

Oh, how I heart trader joes!

Has anyone tried the Buffalo (bison?) burgers at Trader Joe's yet? I've always wanted to try Buffalo meat, but I'd like to get some feedback first.

Went to Trader Joe's yesterday and got a jar of sunflower seed butter. Yum! Cashew butter can be too strong, and almond butter can be too bland (I like peanut butter), but sunflower seed butter is just right! Found lobster ravioli and can't wait to try it (was told last time it is being discontinued). Found pistachio toffee, which they were out of last time. Stocked up on some of my diet crashing favorites. Darn! Delicious food is one of the true joys in my life.
    Count your blessings!

Kao

Yes, the blue cheese pecan dip is in the refrigerated area with the other dips and cheeses. It's so delicious, especially if you like Blue Cheese!

I'm going to try the sunflower seed butter and triple ginger crackers the next time I go there, and get more of the lobster ravioli.

+ Reply to Thread