+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Trader Joe's

Re: Trader Joe's

I finally got to TJ's after about six weeks & spent $182.42. Some of it was for supplements & vitamins, some for wine, some for a food drive but most of it was for food & treats we can't get anywhere else. Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3519472;
    ...I have descended quickly to 'if it isn't trader joe's, it just doesn't matter...'
    This is hilarious to me, because I feel just the same! I used to make fun of my friend who was always talking about Trader Joe's this and Trader Joe's that - until I went and became a total convert after one trip, like you. It's like a cult!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

It's gotten to the point where most of the food I have on hand is from Trader Joe's.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

When is Trader Joe's coming to Canada? They should go in West Edmonton Mall...they'd make a killing there!!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'd like the Bartell's (skanky drugstore chain based here in Washington) near my house to go out and be replaced by a Trader Joe's. The drive-up for the pharmacy could be a drive-up coffee bar, perhaps? It has the parking down pat, and it's right on a bus line. Not to mention I could walk to TJ's. Then again, we have two within 10 miles, so I can't complain too much.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I know what you mean! Every time something within a couple miles or some other walking distance from here goes out of business, we comment that "I wish they'd put in a Trader Joe's here!" -- even though we have three within 10 - 15 minutes' driving distance, and all three on bus routes (not convenient bus routes, but do-able if necessary).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Trader Joe's sweet potato chips are so delicious, I think I may be developing an addiction.

I popped in the other day after I was at my soon to be new place taking measurements. I didn't have a lot of time to look around, but I was super impressed by their produce.

The one thing about their produce is that they use too much packaging but they are getting better and selling some fruit by the piece. I guess they don't want to invest in scales and new registers.

I cannot believe that we have a TJ thread and I didnt know about it. I am so happy! A few years ago Trader Joe moved into my state and into my neighborhood. It's only 2 miles away. I go there every week. I honestly dont think I could move to a city that didnt have one. It's a sickness. How can a person who hates to shop fall in love with a store?

I stopped by my "local" TJ's (70 miles away) on my way home last night and thought I would try the Tamales - I chose the Grilled Chicken Breast, Anaheim Green Chile + Cilantro. While the flavor was very good, the amount of chicken, etc was so small, that I hardly had a bite of the tamale that had any filling in it. It was mostly masa (which was very good). The proportions seemed way off. Has anyone else had this problem? I rarely am disappointed with anything I buy at Trader Joe's.

I did get a potted plant - succulents in a tin - that is very nice.

+ Reply to Thread