+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Alcoholic beverages

MRD

Alcoholic beverages

Hubby and I went to a Brazilian grille last night and I had this drink that was to die for. It's like limeade, but with a kick.

It's a Caipirinha and it's made with Cachaca, Brazlian rum. But the bartender (who I convinced to show me how to make one) said that any rum, even dark rum is good and tequila is also good.

It's like a mojito but without the mint.

Here is the recipe.

Be warned, I was on drink 3 when drinks 1 and 2 ran up and slapped me in the head.

1 lime
    1 tbsp. sugar
    1 shot rum or tequila (also can use flavored rums but not spiced rum. They had some other flavored Caipirinha's but I stuck with the traditional).
    1/2 cup of ice cubes or crushed ice (I liked the crushed ice)

Roll lime on counter to "loosen" the juices, then cut the whole thing up into little chunks.
    Place lime and sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker (or glass) and "muddle", basically crush and mash it all up together (you can use a wooden spoon) until the sugar dissolves. Add the rum and ice and shake vigourously, then serve in a lowball glass. If you don't have a shaker, add rum to the lime and sugar and stir well, then pour over ice into another glass.
    You want all the lime chunks in the glass with the ice.

I told you I got a lesson.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Alcoholic beverages

Thanks for the new drink recipe. I tried a mojito and loved it (althought light on the alcohol).

They had their own Xcaret Speciale Marguerita and we couldn't figure out all the incredients to it. But it was great. Must have had something obscure like curaco in it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3371461;
    Hubby and I went to a Brazilian grille last night and I had this drink that was to die for. It's like limeade, but with a kick.

It's a Caipirinha and it's made with Cachaca, Brazlian rum. But the bartender (who I convinced to show me how to make one) said that any rum, even dark rum is good and tequila is also good.

It's like a mojito but without the mint.

Here is the recipe.

Be warned, I was on drink 3 when drinks 1 and 2 ran up and slapped me in the head.

1 lime
    1 tbsp. sugar
    1 shot rum or tequila (also can use flavored rums but not spiced rum. They had some other flavored Caipirinha's but I stuck with the traditional).
    1/2 cup of ice cubes or crushed ice (I liked the crushed ice)

Roll lime on counter to "loosen" the juices, then cut the whole thing up into little chunks.
    Place lime and sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker (or glass) and "muddle", basically crush and mash it all up together (you can use a wooden spoon) until the sugar dissolves. Add the rum and ice and shake vigourously, then serve in a lowball glass. If you don't have a shaker, add rum to the lime and sugar and stir well, then pour over ice into another glass.
    You want all the lime chunks in the glass with the ice.

I told you I got a lesson.
    My god! I haven't even tried this yet but it is my new favorite imbibance. Have to be with tequila though. Maybe give it a new name. Deconstructed marguarita or something. I see this as the long lost bridge between marguaritas and tequila shots. TGIF
    Down the middle drops one more grain of sand.
    They say that new life makes losing life easier to understand.
    Words are kind, they helped ease the mind. I'll miss my old friend.
    And though you gotta go, we'll keep a piece of your soul.
    One goes out, One comes in.

It definitely sounds like something I will like! I love marguaritas and tequila. I also love lime, so this sounds fanastic. I will definitely have to try it.

Right now my favorite is a recipe I found online. I altered a little bit but and it ends up tasting like banana cream pie in a drink. I use 1/2 shot of Galliano, 1 shot of Creme de Banana and then half and half (or milk if you don't have 1/2 & 1/2). Don't use too much Galliano or the anise in it really is too strong. Very addicting. I had a bartender make one for me not too long ago and I sent the recipe with the server. The bartender didn't think it sounded like a good misture at all, but after she mixed it, smelled how good it smelled and "there was some left over in the bottom" decided to have a sip. She said she really liked it. And as an added bonus I really love the way the Galliano bottle looks

I love Banana Banshees

2 oz banana liqueur
    2 oz white creme de cacao
    2 oz light cream

You can blend with ice like a smoothie or pour over ice and strain into a martini glass.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My all time favorite drink is a margarita, but after drinking this (I need a new name, no way can I pronounce it sober, let alone after I've had a few), I am now hooked. I also love mojitos, but this is faboo and much better. I want to try it with tequila too. But it goes down like limeade and that's what it tastes like. So summery and refreshing. And it's not too sweet and not too tart. Just right.

Miss Kitty, your special margarita sounds yummy.

I may have to go back and try their flavored ones. They had a pineapple mango one and a pear one. And a blackberry one. They use flavored rums and vodkas to get the flavors.

My favourite drink is a Peruvian Pisco Sour.

Pisco Sour: (put all in a blender)

3 parts pisco
    2 parts jarabe de goma (sugar cane syrup)
    1 1/2 parts key lime juice (fresh)
    1 egg white
    ice

2 drops angostura on the foam at the top

MRD

Oh, what is Pisco? Although after having a few drinks, I would never ask that question because of the inevitable joke answers.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3372751;
    My favourite drink is a Peruvian Pisco Sour.

Pisco Sour: (put all in a blender)

3 parts pisco
    2 parts jarabe de goma (sugar cane syrup)
    1 1/2 parts key lime juice (fresh)
    1 egg white
    ice

2 drops angostura on the foam at the top
    One of my favorite drinks of all time! I wish there were more bars that serve this...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Pisco is like a grappa. There is a huge "war" between Peru and Chile over who is the originator. I find Peruvian pisco to be better ( and I hope there are no Chileans reading this board )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast