+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Alcoholic beverages

Re: Alcoholic beverages

I'm glad you did LIttle Sew, I didn't even know it existed. Reading this thread is the perfect way to end a week at work!

I had the most refreshing cocktail yesterday made with gin, lemonade and cucumber in a tall glass on the rocks. Complete with cucumber slices. Do any of you like drinks with any or all of these ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4038910;
    I had the most refreshing cocktail yesterday made with gin, lemonade and cucumber in a tall glass on the rocks. Complete with cucumber slices. Do any of you like drinks with any or all of these ingredients?
    I LOVE cucumber martinis. They are so refreshing and a favorite of mine in the summer. A couple of the bars around me make them and they are just delicious.

Fort Member

A very long time ago when I was in my early 20s I read a series of books called Tales of the City by Armstead Maupin
    In the books they drink lots of Mai Tais and Long Island iced teas. I had never had a Long Island Iced tea or even heard of them so at my next oppertunity, which happened to be a conference where I had to give a tutorial, I had one and it was the best and most refreshing drink I have ever had and after two I gave the best tutorial I have ever given hehe. Anyway I know they are old fashioned but they are still my favourite cocktail to make and drink

I just put a dash of everything but for one drink its probably about 5ml

In a shaker put
    Vodka
    Bicardi
    Tequila
    Cointreau
    Gin
    Lime Juice

Shake well, pour into very tall glass filled with lots of ice. Top with coke (I prefer pepsi max)
    Decorate with a slice of lime and a straw
    Sip, enjoy

Just be careful drinking either of those when you're out. They go down too easily and get you drunk fast. When I was a cocktail waitress in my 20s, I remember people making fools of themselves when they drank either of those two drinks.
    Count your blessings!

I'm not much of a drinker, but I had a real roller coaster of a day yesterday and I wanted a margarita. I looked up recipes on line and found one I really like. It makes one drink - I don't need a whole pitcher:

1 1/2 oz. tequila (gold)
    1 oz. fresh lime juice (one lime)
    1/2 oz. cointreau

serve on ice - I don't do the salt because of high blood pressure, but I add a splash of Hannaford's blood orange soda (just club soda with juice in it) because otherwise it is a little strong for me.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Olive Garden makes an Italian Margarita that has amaretto instead of the triple sec or cointreau. And they rim the glass with orange flavored sugar instead of salt.
    It's yummy. Wish I had one right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Can anyone confirm or dispel a notion I have that tequila is more psychotropic than other alcoholic beverages? I searched on-line and only found this obscure reference:

Tequila is known to have been the cause of antics and behavior not normally observed in human beings
    Count your blessings!

Well from personal experience....
    On a serious note if you are considering Mezcal as a tequila since they are both made from maguey plants with tequila made specifically from the blue agave I agree wholeheartedly.
    There is a saying attributed to Oaxaca regarding the drink: "para todo mal, mezcal y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, too.)
    Mezcal (mescal) was a big favorite of the hippie generation, not that I would personally have any knowledge of it's proprieties.

I was just wasting time at stumbleupon.com and found what's called an "alien shooter"... you soak green gummy bears in midori for 24 hours then put them in a shot glass with silver tequila. I wouldn't drink it, but the photos of it were awesome!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread