+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Alcoholic beverages

Re: Alcoholic beverages

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3505082;
    My husband picked up a bottle of black cherry rum yesterday. It smells delicious and I'm dying to try it but I have no clue what to do with it. Anyone have a good recipe?
    I found this one, it sounds pretty good -

Cruzan Rum Breeze
    1 part Cruzan Black Cherry Rum
    1 part Cruzan Light Rum
    2 parts pineapple juice
    Splash of ginger ale

Build over rocks in a highball.
    Garnish with a lime twist!

I bet it would be good as a simple rum and coke, too. Cherry Coke with a kick.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3505082;
    My husband picked up a bottle of black cherry rum yesterday. It smells delicious and I'm dying to try it but I have no clue what to do with it. Anyone have a good recipe?
    I don't have a recipe, but I'd experiment with proportions and mix it with Godiva dark chocolate liquor and Amaretto di Saronno (or creme de cacao and any almond liquor), shake with cracked or shaved ice, and create a chocolate-covered-cherry "martini."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

All of those sound good! I think my experimenting may make me a lush this week.

waywyrd, I tried it with Coke tonight. Oh my! Good stuff!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3505535;
    I love simplicity, maybe try your black cherry rum with Sprite. I love the rum and Sprite combo, I usually do coconut or pineapple though.
    I use pineapple rum in my Mojitos. I was torn the other day though when I went to pick up a new bottle, they also had key lime rum which I hadn't seen before. I'll have to try that next time. More yay for going sailin' with the Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3506170;
    I use pineapple rum in my Mojitos. I was torn the other day though when I went to pick up a new bottle, they also had key lime rum which I hadn't seen before. I'll have to try that next time. More yay for going sailin' with the Captain.
    Aye Aye! Have you ever tried cherry vodka? I love that in my diet coke. When it comes to mixing drinks I'm a bit of a wuss, usually it is some form of soda with flavored alcohol or something involving a blender and whatever happens to be in my fridge at the time.

I've never had a mojito, they sound good though.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Boy does this bring back memories from HS when we mixed Sloe Gin with coke. Tasted like a cherry coke. I can't take overly sweet or fruity drinks these days. Although I did have a couple Cape Cods tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ewww. I got really sick on sloe gin once and haven't been able to drink it since.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

My big sister "loved" sloe gin in high school-got sloppy drunk once and never had it after that. I have to say after seeing her, I never enjoyed it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3505620;
    I picked up a bottle of gin, some tonic, and limes for when my sister visited a week ago, but she decided she liked the Sam Adams summer ale I had also gotten and didn't go for her usual gin and tonics. The problem is I don't like tonic. I've been drinking the gin a little with club soda and lime juice and a wedge of lime. That's not bad. Any other gin drinks that don't involve tonic?
    I drink sweet & sour gin & juice (I don't know if that's a real name or just one my mom made up). You mix 1 part lemon-lime soda, 1 part lemonade (not soda, the good stuff with pulp), and 1/2 part gin. It's great for summer.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3506672;
    I drink sweet & sour gin & juice (I don't know if that's a real name or just one my mom made up). You mix 1 part lemon-lime soda, 1 part lemonade (not soda, the good stuff with pulp), and 1/2 part gin. It's great for summer.
    Sounds like something similar to a Collins -- yummy grown-up lemonade!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread