+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Crafts

Re: Holiday Crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3249158;
    This below will also be a Christmas gift; I made for my sister to give to a friend that is struggling with Breast Cancer.
    That's awesome Broadway.

The pillow is beautiful Broadway and best wishes to your friend.

There are some really cute ideas on this link....I'm thinking of doing the apple votive holders.

Holiday Festive Projects
    CYA

All of those ideas are great!! I truly wish I could take the time to sit down and put together some of them. I've got two jobs, well three if you count being the dinner maker every night. If you make them Bunny please post pictures!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Saw the holiday cookie exchange thread and thought I'd bump this one up.

Normally we exchange cookies or something homemade with the neighbors in our cul-de-sac. Since being diagnosed with diabetes I'm not about to do a cooking frenzy. So this year DH and I are going to do birdhouses.

I went to etsy.com for ideas (love that site) and we have 2 styles a larger birdhouse and then a smaller basic one for bluejays. We're going to paint some and use pea gravel on others for a stone cottege look. We're going to build about 20 and give some to our siblings. Maybe I'll post some pics when they are finished. Is anyone else doing any crafting for the holiday season?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

livin. your birdhouse idea is a fabulous one. I received a birdhouse one year and just love it. It was made by my son's g/friends grandfather who is 82 yrs old. Any craft IMO is always a very special gift.

I like to bake, I bake up a storm and use xmas tins and xmas platters filled with my baked goods. They keep the container so I always choose something xmas'y. I wrap them up with xmas cellophane and ribbons. I'll take a picture of one of my platters and post it in this thread when they are done

I have been experimenting with a natural home made foot scrub. I received that in a xmas gift exchange last year and it was the best scrub I've ever used, better than a pedicure you pay tons of money for. I was able to find the person who made them, she had in the meantime moved to another city. After several emails back and forth, I emailed her with my order and asked to let me know when I can pick it up. She lived 1 hr 30mins away. She never replied, I have no idea what happened to her. I tried several times but no luck.

I would have loved to master the recipe, (I'm not quite there yet), and jar it in small canning jars with xmas toppers ribbons etc.

MRD

I used to do tons of holiday crafts and handmade cards, but this year am donig nada. All my finals are on Dec. 7 and I plan to sleep for a week when they are over. I miss crafting, but just have had no time this year. I love receiving handmade gifts and making them. But over the years I've run into people that hate getting handmade and it just throws me for a loop.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I usually make everyone a Christmas ornament and draw Christmas cards, but this year I am having a hard time coming up ideas. I just can't seem to get in the spirit.

Awhile back, I bought this little ornament kit which had the felt, thread, and sequins to create 12 Christmas mouse ornaments. I leave it out at my parents' house in the suburbs and although I visit them frequently, I only work on these ornaments in the winter. I'm doing them assembly-line style, and it's taken several years but I'm finally almost done with the bodies. I'm going home next weekend, so maybe I'll pull them out again and see how far I get. I'm looking forward to doing the clothes-- it will be fun to sew something that isn't gray!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3750456;
    I have been experimenting with a natural home made foot scrub. I received that in a xmas gift exchange last year and it was the best scrub I've ever used, better than a pedicure you pay tons of money for. I was able to find the person who made them, she had in the meantime moved to another city. After several emails back and forth, I emailed her with my order and asked to let me know when I can pick it up. She lived 1 hr 30mins away. She never replied, I have no idea what happened to her. I tried several times but no luck.

I would have loved to master the recipe, (I'm not quite there yet), and jar it in small canning jars with xmas toppers ribbons etc.

Your foot scrub sounds very nice. If you ever master it would you share the recipe? I would love to try some and my daughter is always messing around with trying different homemade beauty products.

Inthegarden-one ornament we usually do is using the clear glass bulbs to pick 2 or 3 small paint colors (our favs are silver, blue, purple) and drizzle a bit into each bulb. You swirl it around and it creates a really cool effect. Add some matching ribbon for ties and you have a farily quick one of a kind ornament.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

My mom is part of a group of ten women who exchange Christmas gifts. This year, she made sets of notecards for each of them. She started in early October and finished a week or so ago. Has them all packaged up and ready to go.

Once again, I'm doing jewelry for the women in my family - necklaces for my mother and my aunt and a chainmaille bracelet for my cousin, who recently had her house broken into and all of her jewelry stolen. The bracelet is more than I would usually spend (it's sterling), but I wanted to do something a little more special for her this year.

I have a book that has "recipes" for layered jarred foods, like cookie mixes or soups, etc. One of these days, I'm going to do that!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast