+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Holiday Decorating Ideas

MRD

Re: Holiday Decorating Ideas

Thanks. That's kind of how I've been feeling lately like I belong on the island of Misfit toys.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When I first saw white Christmas trees many, many, years ago, I thought they were tacky. Over the years I've gotten used to them but I am such a traditionalist I just couldn't see having one instead of a green tree. This year I suddenly wanted a white tree with blue decorations. I just got a little $15 one in case I didn't like it. I love it! I think the tree itself is kind of pitiful but I love the decorations on it and the color scheme. So I have decided I'm a good decorator but a horrible picture taker. I have taken 30 pics of it but I'm not completely happy with any of them. The pictures don't do it justice.
    Blue Tree.jpg
    The one purple decoration is a bulb I bought last year with the family name and year on it.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I decorate my office and did about 300 ft of cubicle walls. I have gotten lost of stuff on sale the last 3 years and have about 12 bins of Christmas stuff in 6 closets at work. I simply reuse and rearrange items and use lots of T-pins to hold everything together. I have gotten lots of 12" and 18" tall Christmas trees from Michaels and Home Depot (on sale for about $1.95). I love decorating with the small trees as it is fast and you can decorate each one differently. I am always asked why do I do it. Well, I am at work everyday, in fact like most probably am at work more than at home so why not make the place look good and it makes me smile and I am amazed how many folks come and tell me how great it looks (yeah, definitely strokes the ego) and how it puts a smile on their face and puts them in the spirit of the holidays. To me that is the whole point. At least for that month, try to be good to people, try to be charitable, try to be happy and kind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is a wreath I made my grandsons out of some old ornaments I have has a long time.
    20131208_154650.jpg
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

This is another wreath I made using old ornaments I had.

20131206_153946_resized.jpg

Those are wonderful nennie! What a great idea! I have a lot of broken ornaments that I keep just because I don't want to get rid of them. This is the perfect idea for them.

I'm going to try my hand at candle making this evening. If they come out right I'll be giving teacup candles to the family this year. If they come out bad I'll be giving them hand made certificates for future house keeping.
    Punkin and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Those are wonderful nennie! What a great idea! I have a lot of broken ornaments that I keep just because I don't want to get rid of them. This is the perfect idea for them.

I'm going to try my hand at candle making this evening. If they come out right I'll be giving teacup candles to the family this year. If they come out bad I'll be giving them hand made certificates for future house keeping.

That sounds like a great idea.

Those are really wonderful nennie. I love them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

nennie that is so cute and what a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    When I first saw white Christmas trees many, many, years ago, I thought they were tacky. Over the years I've gotten used to them but I am such a traditionalist I just couldn't see having one instead of a green tree. This year I suddenly wanted a white tree with blue decorations. I just got a little $15 one in case I didn't like it. I love it! I think the tree itself is kind of pitiful but I love the decorations on it and the color scheme. So I have decided I'm a good decorator but a horrible picture taker. I have taken 30 pics of it but I'm not completely happy with any of them. The pictures don't do it justice.
    Attachment 29557
    The one purple decoration is a bulb I bought last year with the family name and year on it.
    I get you, it is so hart to capture the image you see on a camera.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast