+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Holiday Decorating Ideas

Re: Holiday Decorating Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3242901;
    I saw a pink feather tree last year at Michael's. I wanted to buy it so badly. But it was $40 for a 2 1/2 foot tree and I just couldn't justify it.

I collect Flamingos and I have a lot of Flamingo stuff and a LOT of Flamingo ornaments, to that pink feather tree would have been fabulous.

I saw a gold tree in Target yesterday and have saw the black ones last year. I think a black one with one color on it would be stunning.
    The black one had silver decorations and they did another black one with teal decorations, both were stunning and made me want one.

There is a christmas store close to us that has the most beautiful pink feather trees. One has flamingo's and the other has ballerina tutu's and shoes. They are both so pretty, I'm scared to see how much they cost though since the ornaments alone run $5 a piece.

MRD

I thought black with red or hot pink would look really good.

If I were to get a black tree, it would be something really out of the ordinary with lots of red or pink. And then I'd use it for Halloween too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Usually have my decorations up by now, but because of school, we still have Halloween decorations still up. Think I can get away with saying we're doing the Nightmare before Christmas theme this year?

I put lights up outside last weekend, although I am missing a whole big strand of them from last year. This is a small house, so it annoys the heck out of me that I misplaced an entire strand of lights. If I find them, more lights are going up! I also have two big poinsettias for the porch, along with a little Christmas tree of Rosemary. When the holidays are over, I can eat it!

Bought my tree last night and got the lights on, as well as the big, wired ribbon I use as a tree-topper and garland. Just a big bow at the top and then ribbon trailing down from the bow. I'll decorate the rest today.

My kitchen is red, black and white, so I'd love to find a little white or black tree to put in there! This is my second year having a real tree (this year it was a 4-5 foot Douglas Fir instead of a 6-7 footer!) and I love it. Plus, I really don't any place to store an artificial one. I do think those funky-colored ones are so much fun. If I could find a little white or black one (like, 1-2 feet) for a good price, I'd get it. I know someone who had a bright blue tree she decorated with white and hot pink ornaments. It was so cool!

This year, I do plan on taking the tree down a little earlier. Last year the tree was a crispy critter when it went out and, even though I swept the bulk of the needles out, I still managed to clog my vacuum cleaner with them!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3762697;
    I put lights up outside last weekend, although I am missing a whole big strand of them from last year. This is a small house, so it annoys the heck out of me that I misplaced an entire strand of lights. If I find them, more lights are going up! I also have two big poinsettias for the porch, along with a little Christmas tree of Rosemary. When the holidays are over, I can eat it!

Bought my tree last night and got the lights on, as well as the big, wired ribbon I use as a tree-topper and garland. Just a big bow at the top and then ribbon trailing down from the bow. I'll decorate the rest today.

My kitchen is red, black and white, so I'd love to find a little white or black tree to put in there! This is my second year having a real tree (this year it was a 4-5 foot Douglas Fir instead of a 6-7 footer!) and I love it. Plus, I really don't any place to store an artificial one. I do think those funky-colored ones are so much fun. If I could find a little white or black one (like, 1-2 feet) for a good price, I'd get it. I know someone who had a bright blue tree she decorated with white and hot pink ornaments. It was so cool!

This year, I do plan on taking the tree down a little earlier. Last year the tree was a crispy critter when it went out and, even though I swept the bulk of the needles out, I still managed to clog my vacuum cleaner with them!
    Hobby Lobby has black trees and you can usually google them for coupons to print and buy it with. I think a black tree in your kitchen would look fabulous. If you get it, you have to post a photo of it.

We don't have Hobby Lobby here. At least I've never seen one. I stopped by Michael's today to look for one and the line was halfway to the back of the store. They didn't have one of those trees but I don't know that I would have waited in that line even if they had! Maybe I'll take a look at Target. They usually have inexpensive little trees
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

MRD

Hobby Lobby is online too. See if they have it on their website.

I checked out their site but they don't sell online. Not a big deal. Michael's doesn't sell online either. I'm sure a store around here sells something similar. BTW - I searched for a store near me on their site and the closest one is in Idaho..... and it's not even open yet (I'm in CA)

I was in a Big Lots this weekend ( in CA ) and I did notice that they had a lot of faux trees. I don't remember any black ones, but they had quite an array of colors.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We decorated the outside a bit! We used the LED snowflake yard stakes from Target along the front landscaping bed and the hanging LED snowflakes from the seagrape shrubs. You can see the LED lights from so far away. WoW, they are bright! Very festive. We also hung super-giant gold ball ornaments from the palm tree in front of our house, which looks awesome.

Inside, we decided not to put up a tree this year. Our house is so small, it was really in the way last year at our family Christmas get-together. I got a fasier fir wreath though, and put in on the entry table handing from a wreath stand (which is Smith and Hawken, from Target). I decorated it with a big ribbon and some mini-ornaments. So the house smells great from the wreath and it's not taking up any floor space! :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast