+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Turkey-Thanksgiving

Re: Let's Talk Turkey-Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    We went to visit one of my sisters and her family for thanksgiving and omg I might have had too much wine but she made THE MOST AWESOME STUFFING, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten!!! I am getting the recipe and will try to make it for Christmas
    What was it like? I love yummy stuffing, too; it's a must have!

Yes! Please share! I had two Thanksgivings - because I am super lucky. And I had the best brussel sprouts. I have to get the recipe, they were mustardy and delicious. My friend's husband cooked while we volunteered.
    navybelle likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    We went to visit one of my sisters and her family for thanksgiving and omg I might have had too much wine but she made THE MOST AWESOME STUFFING, it was one of the best things I have ever eaten!!! I am getting the recipe and will try to make it for Christmas
    Did she bake it in the oven, or cook it in the crockpot? I made mine in the crockpot this year, and it turned out really moist. I was pleased.
    navybelle likes this.
    "Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone." ~ anon

When I get time I will type it out, I made a Xerox of it. She baked it, it was a basic stuffing with bread, sausage and celery, lots of spices, fresh herbs, I think what made it great was the homemade stock, plus she seasoned and baked some of the bread into croutons first so it was moist and crunchy at the same time
    angelic_one2002 and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Yes! Please share! I had two Thanksgivings - because I am super lucky. And I had the best brussel sprouts. I have to get the recipe, they were mustardy and delicious. My friend's husband cooked while we volunteered.
    I'd love to hear how they were made. I made the WORST brussel sprouts dish this year! I saw the recipe in a magazine at the dentist, and since my mom loves the sprouts I thought I'd surprise her. They were roasted and then topped with cooked red grapes, honey, scallions, thyme, and hazelnuts. It sure looked HORRIBLE when it was finished and the hazelnuts were a pain to skin, so I'd never try it again. My mom said the sprouts were okay but she wasn't a fan of the topping. She was brave to try it, because there's no way I would have!

+ Reply to Thread