+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Turkey-Thanksgiving

Re: Let's Talk Turkey-Thanksgiving

Thank you. Not what I was envisioning, but interesting recipe. I love sweet potato pie.
    Since I'm not having any of my kids for TG, I'm spreading the meal out over the week instead of one big bang. I had mashed potatoes on Friday, bought a homemade pumpkin pie at the "drive by pie" fundraiser that I'm enjoying this weekend, made savory bread pudding earlier last week that I ate with a can of cranberry sauce, will get a cooked chicken (can't eat a whole turkey) at the store today, and am saving my absolute favorite - cranberry pudding (think steamed English pudding, not Jello) for the actual day. So decadent.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-24-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I used the recipe at the Ball canning site for cranberry ketchup (Canning Recipes - BallŪ Canning and Preserving Recipes). One note: If you don't like it really spicy, reduce the amount of cayenne...it's almost too spicy for me, but I push through ;-)

I didn't strain the end result, but I kinda wish I had.

The result is really thick, much like canned cranberry sauce. But after it sits out for a little bit, it becomes spreadable.
    Punkin likes this.

I always brine my turkey now. I just throw some salt and water into a stockpot and stick in the turkey for a day. Make sure you rinse it well before roasting. I keep the stockpot stored in the garage if the temp is low enough.

I never do anything fancy to the turkey. Just put it in the oven lol. It does cook faster after brineing.
    Punkin likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread