+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Foods For Kids

Re: Fun Foods For Kids

Last weekend my granddaughter was eating her lunch and she pointed at her food and said, "Pretty grammy!" She had yellow Mac and Cheese, orange carrots and green Kiwi. Now, I think she'd eat all those foods even if she didn't like the colors, especially the Mac & Cheese. It's her favorite!

This morning I bought all the ingredients to make heart shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day. I plan to let the kids roll out and shape their own dough and pile on their own toppings. With them, who knows what kind of pizzas we'll end up with! Not long ago, they added Cheerios to the top of their take-out pizza.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

cheerio pizza?? Hmmm, you never know.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm still planning on making heart shaped pancakes for my 16 year old tomorrow morning and I know he's still especting them.

My son likes to eat waffles or eggos for breakfast. He eats them plain and I don't really see a problem with that, but I would like it if he could dip them into something healthy. Any ideas?

How about peanut butter or cream cheese? My bunch especially likes blueberry cream cheese on their waffles.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3326939;
    My son likes to eat waffles or eggos for breakfast. He eats them plain and I don't really see a problem with that, but I would like it if he could dip them into something healthy. Any ideas?
    How 'bout plain yogurt with fresh blueberries mixed in. That would provide protein, calcium and antioxidants with no processed sugar and minimal (or no) saturated fat, depending on the type of yogurt you use.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

I usually always eat my waffles plain. Dipping into something could encourage having to dip and then not always picking healthy dipping later. If he likes them plain, let him eat them plain and give him fruit on the side.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie

I'm not too sure how many dad's post in this thread but I have a two year old daughter and my wife wanted some fun creative food ideas to make, especially since it is the summer time and we'll have more kids over to play. Does anyone have any good websites? She made Minnie Mouse cupcakes with oreo cookies and gummie bows for her birthday. So, anything with cartoon characters would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro86;3505687;
    I'm not too sure how many dad's post in this thread but I have a two year old daughter and my wife wanted some fun creative food ideas to make, especially since it is the summer time and we'll have more kids over to play. Does anyone have any good websites? She made Minnie Mouse cupcakes with oreo cookies and gummie bows for her birthday. So, anything with cartoon characters would be good.
    I thought this site had some cute & fun snack ideas:
    Snack Recipes and Ideas for Kids and Families - and More Great Family Fun Recipe Ideas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast