+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Does anyone have a recipe or tips for split pea soup? I've never even eaten it and promised my DH that I would make it like his Mom used to.

He said it had a creamy texture...
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3254564;
    Does anyone have a recipe or tips for split pea soup? I've never even eaten it and promised my DH that I would make it like his Mom used to.

I LOVE Split Pea Soup. My Mom used to make it for me (from a can) when I was a child too. I've tried various recipes/soup mixes and none of those were the same. I'm sure that there are great recipes out there, but I've gone back to the Campbell's Split Pea Soup from a can! Use half of the liquid that it calls for and stir in a big spoon of sour cream just before serving and I bet that your hubby will LOVE it! The sour cream makes it creamy.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks Doxie. I would never had thought of using canned soup. And I will try the sour cream too. So I can safely toss the bag of split peas I bought? The directions on the back say it only takes a half hour to cook..

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3254571;
    I LOVE Split Pea Soup. My Mom used to make it for me (from a can) when I was a child too. I've tried various recipes/soup mixes and none of those were the same. I'm sure that there are great recipes out there, but I've gone back to the Campbell's Split Pea Soup from a can! Use half of the liquid that it calls for and stir in a big spoon of sour cream just before serving and I bet that your hubby will LOVE it! The sour cream makes it creamy.
    I love Campbells Split Pea, too. I never thought to put sour cream in it, though. Sounds yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3254564;

Doxie - I have always been happy with the recipe on the back of the split pea package. The recipe says to strain the peas to make them creamy but I skip that step and it comes out with a nice texture. Ina Garten a split pea soup recently that looked good.
    Parker's Split Pea Soup Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

that sounds very good luvsginger. I'm going to give it a try. If it turns out as good as the reviewers say it does I might even like it. Thanks.

Wow. Guess what I just snarfed down? A huge bowl of split pea soup. Oh my gosh. Where have I been? DH is practically cooing.

I used Ina's recipe (thanks again! luvsginger) and felt it needed some ham flavor so used some goya. Other than that followed the recipe exactly. Another good part of this is that I can freeze some for lunches or for DH to have for supper when I have to work. I even think I could get the kids to eat this. I am doing a big happy dance here in Kansas!

FORT Fogey

Does anyone have any fudge recipes like the many types of fudge they sell at Scheel's Sporting Goods? Especially the Maple Walnut Fudge!

I've never tried these but one is called "the world's easiest":
    World's Easiest Maple Walnut Fudge Recipe : Recipezaar

And this one is called "Perfect"
    Perfect Maple Walnut Fudge
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3255943;
    Wow. Guess what I just snarfed down? A huge bowl of split pea soup. Oh my gosh. Where have I been? DH is practically cooing.

I used Ina's recipe (thanks again! luvsginger) and felt it needed some ham flavor so used some goya. Other than that followed the recipe exactly. Another good part of this is that I can freeze some for lunches or for DH to have for supper when I have to work. I even think I could get the kids to eat this. I am doing a big happy dance here in Kansas!
    That's great!! It's also a very inexpensive soup to make. You can buy the peas out of a bin at a store that sells bulk. So happy you and your DH enjoyed the recipe! Try the one on the back of the package too....it's really good!

+ Reply to Thread