+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

But, of course!!! I say the more the merrier!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Now I'm going to have to make a pot of garlic chili mac.
    ...with bacon on top. And cheese.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Rotel also comes in mild.

With queso, I just throw the Velveeta and Rotel, or whatever, into the slow cooker and walk away. Simplicity, thy name is 'shay!
    I like to add Cumin to queso or Rotel dip.

Does anyone have a diabetic recipe for egg custard? My husbands aunt loves egg custard but has to watch her sugar intake. She says she uses Splenda. I have tried google but I'm not having any luck.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My mother was diabetic. When I was taking care of her, I'd make her egg custard and use stevia/truvia to sweeten it. I made it so often that I wasn't using a recipe anymore. Sometimes I'd bake it in the oven; sometimes I'd cook it in the microwave. She would only eat a little at a time, so I'd do it in small ramekins.

I think the ratio I used was 1 egg, 7/8 cup milk, and a couple of drops of vanilla (or 2 eggs, 1 3/4 cup milk, spash of vanilla). I forget, though, how many packets of stevia I used. Maybe I'll make some later. The other night I was craving custard, but was out of milk. Now you've got me craving it again!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Thanks Kip! I have heard a lot of people say they prefer truvia to other sweeteners. I did find what looked like a good recipe but it threw me off when it was to be microwaved. Good to know that's an option.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Kip
    FORT Fogey Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Don't listen to me!!! I just tried my own recipe and it never set. I must have mis-remembered. It tasted good though. Next time, I'll use less milk (or use a recipe!).

I mixed the milk, vanilla, and truvia first so I could taste it for sweetness before adding the egg. I don't like things really sweet, so two packets of truvia in 7/8 cup of milk worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Thanks Kip! I have heard a lot of people say they prefer truvia to other sweeteners. I did find what looked like a good recipe but it threw me off when it was to be microwaved. Good to know that's an option.
    I've started using the microwave instead of a double boiler for all my cream pie fillings and it works great. No lumps from eggs cooking too fast.
    I cook it in 2 minute intervals whisking between. Whisk in the vanilla and butter after it has cooked.

So, I have a 12pack of eggs. Now, I don't like eggs. But I need to use them since I bought them. Is there a simple cookie recipe? Or a main dish that one of the ingredient is eggs?

I just started cooking a year ago and my mother never had milk or eggs in the house so these silly basics throw me!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    So, I have a 12pack of eggs. Now, I don't like eggs. But I need to use them since I bought them. Is there a simple cookie recipe? Or a main dish that one of the ingredient is eggs?

I just started cooking a year ago and my mother never had milk or eggs in the house so these silly basics throw me!
    I don't have a recipe on hand, but if you have any coconut flour in the house, paleo pancakes use about half a dozen eggs.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken .

+ Reply to Thread