+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

But, of course!!! I say the more the merrier!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Now I'm going to have to make a pot of garlic chili mac.
    ...with bacon on top. And cheese.
    Count your blessings!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Rotel also comes in mild.

With queso, I just throw the Velveeta and Rotel, or whatever, into the slow cooker and walk away. Simplicity, thy name is 'shay!
    I like to add Cumin to queso or Rotel dip.

Does anyone have a diabetic recipe for egg custard? My husbands aunt loves egg custard but has to watch her sugar intake. She says she uses Splenda. I have tried google but I'm not having any luck.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

My mother was diabetic. When I was taking care of her, I'd make her egg custard and use stevia/truvia to sweeten it. I made it so often that I wasn't using a recipe anymore. Sometimes I'd bake it in the oven; sometimes I'd cook it in the microwave. She would only eat a little at a time, so I'd do it in small ramekins.

I think the ratio I used was 1 egg, 7/8 cup milk, and a couple of drops of vanilla (or 2 eggs, 1 3/4 cup milk, spash of vanilla). I forget, though, how many packets of stevia I used. Maybe I'll make some later. The other night I was craving custard, but was out of milk. Now you've got me craving it again!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Thanks Kip! I have heard a lot of people say they prefer truvia to other sweeteners. I did find what looked like a good recipe but it threw me off when it was to be microwaved. Good to know that's an option.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Don't listen to me!!! I just tried my own recipe and it never set. I must have mis-remembered. It tasted good though. Next time, I'll use less milk (or use a recipe!).

I mixed the milk, vanilla, and truvia first so I could taste it for sweetness before adding the egg. I don't like things really sweet, so two packets of truvia in 7/8 cup of milk worked for me.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Thanks Kip! I have heard a lot of people say they prefer truvia to other sweeteners. I did find what looked like a good recipe but it threw me off when it was to be microwaved. Good to know that's an option.
    I've started using the microwave instead of a double boiler for all my cream pie fillings and it works great. No lumps from eggs cooking too fast.
    I cook it in 2 minute intervals whisking between. Whisk in the vanilla and butter after it has cooked.

+ Reply to Thread