+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've never heard of anyone making a single serving of chili! When I make it, I need to have it around for several days, and I can eat it at every meal! I adore it!

I don't think I'd know the taste of cilantro if it walked up and laid on my tongue. I've also never seen diced tomatoes with "zesty" peppers. Is that anythng like Rotel? I love Rotel. I make queso with that and Velveeta, or Velveeta's country cousin....the store brand.

Here's one more question: Do you cook your spaghetti IN your chili, or do you cook it separately?

Chili-Mac is just another way of eating Chili ... adding noodles ... usually elbow, to the chili in stead of crackers. The spaghetti or other noodle is cooked separately.

To me "Rotel" is just a brand name and their tomatoes are made with green chiles ... so to hot for me.

I always thought "QUESO" meant cheese ... period! Not a special kind of cheese. I think I've led a sheltered life.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rotel also comes in mild.

With queso, I just throw the Velveeta and Rotel, or whatever, into the slow cooker and walk away. Simplicity, thy name is 'shay!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rotel also comes in mild.

With queso, I just throw the Velveeta and Rotel, or whatever, into the slow cooker and walk away. Simplicity, thy name is 'shay!
    It could probably never be mild enough for me.

Even that quick dip where you put cream cheese on a plate, topped with canned chili no beans and top with cheese and microwave it ... I will usually top it with plain mozzarella.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I've never been a fan of bland food.....at the same time, I don't look to set myself on fire, or blister my mouth, either....however, I do require flavor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I adore this chili. It's a Rachael Ray recipe that I found a few years ago. It is simple and it is DELICIOUS!
    Greatest Hits: Manly Manny’s Chili | Food and Life

I usually cut the ground beef back to 1 lb and add a few cans of rinsed chili beans. I also leave out the hot sauce because (although I love spice) it no longer sits well with my stomach!! I have also left the meat out entirely and added even more beans for my vegetarian son.

I've never heard of anyone making a single serving of chili! When I make it, I need to have it around for several days, and I can eat it at every meal! I adore it!

I don't think I'd know the taste of cilantro if it walked up and laid on my tongue. I've also never seen diced tomatoes with "zesty" peppers. Is that anythng like Rotel? I love Rotel. I make queso with that and Velveeta, or Velveeta's country cousin....the store brand.

Here's one more question: Do you cook your spaghetti IN your chili, or do you cook it separately?
    Prhoshay, I often divide ground beef into single serving hamburger patties and freeze. Sometimes, I will thaw out a patty intending to make a burger but when it's meal time I don't FEEL like a burger so I get creative. My fav. is browning the ground beef along with some bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and onion. Then I add salsa and a bit of chili powder and some cilantro. I let it all simmer a while and then, YUM! If I have tortillas in the house I will eat it rolled on the tortilla. Otherwise, I just eat in in a bowl.

The diced tomatoes with the zesty peppers that I have on hand right now is Del Monte. I think Hunt has it as well. Rotel, I'm not as sure about.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Isn't spaghetti with chili Chicago style? I throw some shredded cheddar cheese at the end and serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Prhoshay, I often divide ground beef into single serving hamburger patties and freeze. Sometimes, I will thaw out a patty intending to make a burger but when it's meal time I don't FEEL like a burger so I get creative. My fav. is browning the ground beef along with some bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and onion. Then I add salsa and a bit of chili powder and some cilantro. I let it all simmer a while and then, YUM! If I have tortillas in the house I will eat it rolled on the tortilla. Otherwise, I just eat in in a bowl.

The diced tomatoes with the zesty peppers that I have on hand right now is Del Monte. I think Hunt has it as well. Rotel, I'm not as sure about.
    Rotel is tomatoes with green chilies. It comes in hot or mild; I, prefer, mild. The hot actually caused a site-specific burning in my stomach. The Rotel also has country cousins (store brands and better prices, with comparatively similar taste); I'm guessing it's the same as the diced tomatoes with zesty peppers.

Trying to talk the male child through his first pot of chili. I swear, he gets off on these tangents and gets all excited at the crack of dawn. I ignored his first couple of texts. The only thing he has mentioned that he definitely wants to include is brown sugar. I sent him to the allreipe.com site for the basics. I've stressed "taste as you go along" and garlic.

Garlic??!! I love garlic but never thought to put it in chili! Is that a common addition?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread