Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Works for me!

Is this the recipe you use?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, I don't use green peppers, that's the only thing I leave out. But its good/tasty - and we always have leftovers I can freeze
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've learned to LOVE green pepper in chili! I might just have to try this out!

As a child, I used to HATE green pepper!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For chili, I dice and sauté onions with ground beef and sprinkle half a pack of taco seasoning on top.
    I add that to a large can of diced tomatoes and a can of kidney beans. Then I add a chili powder to taste and a squirt of Hershey's syrup.
    Chocolate and chili enhance each other. I put chili powder in my hot chocolate, too.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-19-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I've never been a fan of chocolate in chili; I think that's the way that Skyline does theirs.

If I've ever had bay leaf in chili, I don't know it, but it's worth a try. Probably won't add the jalapenos, they aggravate my stomach lately, but I will use a little hot sauce, instead. What I love about chili and soups is that whatever you add is, generally, OK, if you like it.

I am a fan of whole kernel corn in my chili....and mushrooms!

I used to love corn a lot, but now that the majority of it is genetically modified, I'm cutting back.
    Mushrooms... hmmmmmm. I love mushrooms, but I'm balking at it in chili. Maybe the next time I make vegetarian chili I'll try it.
    Count your blessings!

Grind up dry porcini mushrooms and put in chili. You would get the flavor not the chunks. I saw this done on a cooking show to enhance the flavor of a dish.

I use sausage in my chili it gives it a good taste.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

2 very interesting suggestions!! I don't mind the mushroom pieces, though, but I would definitely try it. What kind of sausage do you use? Getting all of these hints down; I'm not going to the store until, maybe, Tuesday. I love it when I can pull from one recipe to another. I love sausage!

I feel Chinese food coming for Monday! I have to drive right past my favorite Chinese restaurant, and it's been a while.

+ Reply to Thread