+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Looking for a recipe for macaroons . . . but not just any macaroons. I'm talking about the cookies from Luberto's in Revere, MA.

It's probably a well-guarded secret family recipe, so I'll take something close to it.

If you've ever had them, you probably understand why I want that particular recipe.

TIA
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Since the post above won't let me "edit", I'll add what I forgot to mention in this post.

The recipe I am looking for is for an ALMOND macaroon, not the coconut kind.

Still wondering why the edit button goes away so fast. Came back to post a pic of the cookies. Here they are with the lid of the box they came in.

The picture doesn't do them justice. They are light and airy, while still being chewy and a little crisp at the same time. Very sweet and a little bit sticky.

The ability to edit your posts lasts for about 20 minutes, so after 2+ hours, you do need to create a new post.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the tip Critical. Unfortunately for me, I tend to lose track of time while surfing the web. An hour passes and it seems like on 10 minutes!

I got a package of little breaded "fish bites" in my food box from Angel Food Ministries this weekend and I thought they might be good for fish tacos. Does anyone have a recipe? I have flour tortillas and cabbage, but that sounds pretty bland. Are corn tortillas better for this? Beans? Salsa?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

For our fish/shrimp tacos, we like to let the seafood shine; however, if you're working with frozen (processed?) stuff, there might not be much flavor to "shine through," depending on the type of fish.
    We prefer corn tortillas for more flavor and texture, and yes, good fresh crunchy cabbage. (No lettuce nor cheese on fish tacos; that's just wrong!) Medium-spicy salsa verde is a must. Avocado slices are a nice complement, too, if they're available where you live.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah, they're totally processed and frozen - one of the few things in the box that I wasn't thrilled about. I'm trying to do something with them to make them better than they are! It's probably pollock, so my only hope is that the breading has some flavor....or that I can find some good salsa. I have an avocado

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Looking for a recipe for macaroons . . . but not just any macaroons. I'm talking about the cookies from Luberto's in Revere, MA.

It's probably a well-guarded secret family recipe, so I'll take something close to it.

If you've ever had them, you probably understand why I want that particular recipe.

TIA
    Have you tried searching online for, Almond Macaroons from Luberto's in Revere, MA? I have found several copycat recipes for food that we like by this type of search.

Critical Could you use the fish bites in a salad?

MRD

These are for fish sticks, but I think some could be adapted for fish bites.

Frozen Fish Sticks Recipes | ifood.tv
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread