+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3774197;
    Need a recipe for an easy chocolate cheesecake.
    Been searching the internet and find all this stuff that requires whipping egg whites and folding in and using a special shortbread crust, etc.

I mean, I just want cheese cake that is chocolate.
    Why is it so hard to find a recipe?

Thanks.
    I have a recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie that is ridiculously easy. Not cheesecake, but it has cream cheese in it. Would you like me to post it in the recipe thread?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

Thanks Veej, but I had a very specific request for cheesecake and I think I would have a family riot if it wasn't cheesecake. I'm thinking I may just see if Sam's club sells them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3774348;
    Thanks Veej, but I had a very specific request for cheesecake and I think I would have a family riot if it wasn't cheesecake. I'm thinking I may just see if Sam's club sells them.
    No, I guess we don't want a family riot on Christmas Day (although I'm sure there will be plenty of them ) over dessert. I posted it anyway as someone else might like it sometime.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

myrosiedog, I make a chocolate cheesecake that's fairly easy (by cheesecake standards) with a simple crust... if you have no luck at Sam's Club and would like the recipe, just let me know.
    remember to play

I have a black forest cheesecake recipe that I've made quite a few times. It's so good. I can find the recipe and post it tomorrow. You could leave off the cherry topping if you just want the chocolate cheesecake.

omg I love black forest anything...

I made a very nasty no- sugar fudge. It ended up in the trash can. I suppose I'll have to whip up some regular fudge because my son won't shut up.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Thanks guys. I would love to have all your recipes.

Veejer, I would like to have yours too. I love mousse. The family isn't crazy about it, but I don't have to share with them either.

Yeah, no family riots here. Not since I quit celebrating with the toxic relatives.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mmmm... I like the sound of a black forest cheesecake, too.

Here's my chocolate cheesecake recipe:

1 1/4 c. Zwieback crumbs (use chocolate graham crackers in a pinch)
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    1/4 c. melted butter
    12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
    1/2 c. hot coffee
    2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
    1 c. sugar
    4 eggs
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1/4 tsp. salt
    whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
    shaved chocolate

Combine crumbs and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Butter sides of 10" springform pan. Shake some of crumbs around pan to coat sides. Add melted butter to rest of crumbs, blend well. Press over bottom of pan.
    Meanwhile, melt chocolate with coffee over hot, not boiling, water. Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beat constantly. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat again. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla and salt. Beat in melted chocolate until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in pre-heated 325 degree oven for 55 minutes. Turn off heat, set oven door ajar and let cool 2 - 3 hours. Before serving, spread with whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3774775;
    omg I love black forest anything...

I made a very nasty no- sugar fudge. It ended up in the trash can. I suppose I'll have to whip up some regular fudge because my son won't shut up.
    I've quit trying to find a good no-sugar fudge. Heck, I'd settle for an edible no-sugar fudge, but I've come to the conclusion that it's an oxymoron.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

Back to the brussel sprouts.....

Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Figs
    2 tablespoons olive oil

4 to 8 ounces bacon, chopped

1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed

1 cup dried figs, stemmed and quartered

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.

1. Put a large skillet over medium heat and add oil, then bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to crisp, 5 to 8 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, put sprouts through feed tube of a food processor equipped with a slicing attachment and shred. (You can also do this with a mandoline or a knife.)

3. Add sprouts, figs and 1/4 cup water to pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper, turn heat to medium, and cook, undisturbed, until sprouts and figs are nearly tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Turn heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until any remaining water evaporates, another 5 to 10 minutes. Add vinegar, taste, adjust seasoning and serve.

Yield: 4 servings.

I made this twice over the holidays. It was very good the first time, but even better the second. The second time I used much less fig (probably only about 1/4 cup) and I used packaged bacon bits (I used a good brand). I started with just a small amount of olive oil in the pan to saute the sprouts and I added some thinly sliced sweet onions. The first time I did use the food processor, the second I used a knife. The sprouts pretty much fell completely apart the first time.

+ Reply to Thread