+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

FORT Fogey

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

[QUOTE=Unklescott;3737628;]By doing a google search of chicken casserole that has chicken, pineapple and chinese noodles this came up:

Pineapple Chicken Casserole Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Just found this recipe. Sounds like comfort food to me!! Thanks; have printed it off and will try it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3742994;
    I know lots of people steam Brussels sprouts, but I don't like them that way.

I ended up slicing them up and sauteeing them in olive oil with some garlic, salt and pepper. They were really good! Can't wait to get them from the farmers market. I love the way they come on the stalk!
    OMG--that sounds great! Not only that I think it would work for other green veggies like asparagus and beans.

It also sounds like this would go great on some pasta.

Mmmm!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3766243;
    My friend was telling me about a casserole she got and told me of the ingredients but I can't find an actual recipe anywhere. Maybe someone here has it? It's made with macaroni and cheese, stuffing (prob stove top) and green chilis. Anyone? Thanks
    The only recipe I was able to find that was similar was one using dry stuffing as a mac and cheese topping.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3766752;
    OMG--that sounds great! Not only that I think it would work for other green veggies like asparagus and beans.

It also sounds like this would go great on some pasta.

Mmmm!

Thanks!

Morning, Wind Dancer -- I had sauteed asparagus in a restaurant. They were "to die for." Now I wish I could remember where.......

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3766970;
    Morning, Wind Dancer -- I had sauteed asparagus in a restaurant. They were "to die for." Now I wish I could remember where.......
    Columbia--good morning!

Yes--I think it is hard to mess up asparagus--except by putting them in a can of course.

I sw a cooking show on PBS's "Create" network in which asparagus was sauteed and then used in some recipe. Unfortunately I can't remember any ore about the recipe--or what show it was.

It may have been Simply Ming--he does a lot with fresh veggies cooked simply.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3766953;
    The only recipe I was able to find that was similar was one using dry stuffing as a mac and cheese topping.
    well do you have the recipe? It sounds like it might be what I am looking for
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3767707;
    well do you have the recipe? It sounds like it might be what I am looking for
    Thank you
    Sure, here you go.

User Recipe Display

I'm looking for a great cream of potato soup recipe. I am not a big soup eater, by any stretch of the imagination - but I do love a good cream of potato soup. Thanks in advance, guys!

This is my go-to potato soup recipe. It's also rated 5 stars on allrecipes by a bunch of people. If you don't have ham I've used bacon and it's just as good.

Delicious Ham and Potato Soup - All Recipes

3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
    1/3 cup diced celery
    1/3 cup finely chopped onion
    3/4 cup diced cooked ham
    3 1/4 cups water
    2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
    1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
    5 tablespoons butter
    5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups milk
    Directions
    1.Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
    2.In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
    3.Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Need a recipe for an easy chocolate cheesecake.
    Been searching the internet and find all this stuff that requires whipping egg whites and folding in and using a special shortbread crust, etc.

I mean, I just want cheese cake that is chocolate.
    Why is it so hard to find a recipe?

Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread