+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

MRD

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3218476;
    This one sounds good. It's a variation of King Ranch Chicken (rice instead of tortilla bits) and was apparently adapted from the Rotel site (so you could check there, or the Rotel can label, maybe).

king ranch chicken rice casserole Recipe

If you search the Web for '"King Ranch chicken" recipe rice' you'll get many other links.
    I have a great king ranch chicken recipe. They are all still packed at the moment though. When I can get to them, I'll look mine up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Thank you all for the chicken recipes and links! They sound yummy and I can't wait to try them

I'm looking for a good (and easy) Minestrone recipe.

I asked my mother for her recipe because I remember her making really good Minestrone when I was a child. She responded that she didn't remember making it and then told me to "hold on".... I heard her (over the phone) walking down the hall and searching through the cans in the pantry! She returned and read off a "recipe" which consisted of opening a can of Campbell's Minestrone Soup, mixing with water and heating! I guess that is about as easy as it gets, but I always thought that she made that herself. It WAS good, but I'd really like to try a non-canned variation that I can make myself. And, once I explained that I was going to search for other recipes, she said that she'd like to try it too.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken fried steak? I really want to make this along with my mashed potatoes and gravy..... I really love gravy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

To the Point

This is basically the way I make chicken fried steak. I seldom even make gravy because my kids aren't crazy about it, however, I do know folks who make their's very much like this.

Ranch style chicken fried steak and gravy. Scroll down to see more steak recipes.
    Ingredients:
    4 pounds round steak, 1/2-inch thick
    1 cup unbleached flour
    1 cup milk
    salt and pepper
    Gravy:
    4 tablespoons fat
    1 quart milk
    4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    Preparation:
    Cut round steak into serving size portions pound to flatten more and tenderize. Dip in milk and then flour, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Fry in a deep skillet in about 1 inches of oil at approximately 375° until golden brown. After steak is done, pour off the oil, leaving about 4 tablespoons plus sediment in the skillet or pan. Add 4 tablespoons flour; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in 4 cups milk. Stir and cook until until thickened for steak gravy. Serves 12 to 16.

I need some help with making something with eggplant. I have a nice eggplant from the Farmer's market and I would like to make something different, and low fat with it. I often will dice it up and roast it with pasta, but I wanted to do something different. If anyone has any recipes I would love to try something. Thanks!

Gnomie, I love it breaded and fried but that isn't exactly low-fat. We sometimes grill it. I spray it with an olive oil mist and then top it with with garlic, basil, and tomato(like bruschetta). You could also make a lasagna and replace the noodles with your eggplant(breaded or not).

My aunt makes the Caponata that we use as a spread. I can get her recipe if you're interested.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I make eggplant parmesan but that's probably also not so good for you either. Let me know if you want the recipe, although I can't promise any sort of precision with that.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3225020;
    My aunt makes the Caponata that we use as a spread. I can get her recipe if you're interested.
    I love eggplant caponata. I made it one year and it didn't last long in the house. I'd love to get your aunt's recipe.

YG, my mom makes a meatless stuffed eggplant. I don't know the specifics, but I think she roasts the eggplant, scoops out the insides, mixes it with parm cheese, mozzarella, breadcrumbs, various italian spices/herbs and raw egg, then puts the mix back inside the eggplant, tops it with sauce and more parm and into the oven.

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. Lil, I would love your caponata recipe. I have a roasted eggplant dip I make and I wonder if it's similar.

DR, I just found a similar recipe to what you made, and it's South Beach, so I might try that. I love eggplant but just never know exactly how to prepare it.

+ Reply to Thread