+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

You're welcome, inthegarden. Please let us know how you like them, if you make them.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I will. I usually cook them once a week. Mr. ING likes creamed potatoes and green peas with his. It is so hard to cook healthy for a serious meat and potato man.

Thanks everyone! My chef daughter is coming home this weekend and making salmon with one of the special sauces she learned. I'll be on my own after she's gone, so I'll make some of these. I'll look for the shucked, fresh oysters. My mom makes oyster stugging at Thanksgiving. That might be good as a main dish/casserole. Maybe sneak some veggies in it.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Thanks angelic one, these sound good. I may make them this weekend.
    I had shrimp cakes recently. They were great., I didn't even think that you could make shrimp cakes. I've always just had crab cakes and salmon patties before.
    Inthegarden, I have a serious meat and potatos man too.

Gut, we do oyster stuffing at thanksgiving. I put carrots, celery and onions and garlic in the food processor and mince them, then saute them and add to my stuffing. So its got lots of veggies, just chopped up really finely. Goes great with the oysters.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the idea, MRD. I may try the shrimp in this salmon pattie recipe. I love shrimp.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3722692;
    Around 30 min-40 min.
    Ellen, that sounds horrible. We never get West coast oysters, just east coast ones, so have never heard of that before.
    Believe me, it was no fun. It's supposed to not matter (the shellfish with non-"r" months) if the shellfish are commercially caught because they're too far out at sea to pick up whatever that toxin is. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the fishing boats in our area were fudging on the rules as regards the location of their catches -- cheaping out because of the bad economy and all.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3722712;
    I will. I usually cook them once a week. Mr. ING likes creamed potatoes and green peas with his. It is so hard to cook healthy for a serious meat and potato man.
    You know creamed potatos and green peas are sounding pretty good right now.
    How do you cream your potatos?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3723505;
    You know creamed potatos and green peas are sounding pretty good right now.
    How do you cream your potatos?
    I really don't use a recipe for cream potatoes, I guess I've creamed so many I can just look at them and see what looks right.
    You know what I mean, you having a meat and potatoes man too.
    I just boil peeled potatoes in water, whole (or cut up if I'm in a hurry), when they are done, take them off the burner , drain ,add margarine (land of lakes), salt, pepper to taste, cover and let them sit until the butter melts and then mash with a potato masher, then I add small amounts of milk or whipping cream and mash and stir, until they are as thick or thin as you like.
    For twice baked potatoes, I like to use sour cream instead of the milk.
    I can't get too fancy, it would scare Mr. ING away from the table , which now that I think about it, might not be a bad thing.

My mother always left the potato whole (used new potatos) and made a white sauce to serve over. Yours sound really good inthegarden. I haven't had any potatos for 3 weeks now!

I am going to made some tuna or salmon salad for lunch tomorrow.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3726024;
    My mother always left the potato whole (used new potatos) and made a white sauce to serve over. Yours sound really good inthegarden. I haven't had any potatos for 3 weeks now!

I am going to made some tuna or salmon salad for lunch tomorrow.
    It is hard to change eating habits, but it sounds like you are doing a great job. My mom always chopped up a boiled egg and apple in her tuna salad.

+ Reply to Thread