+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3536364;
    you guys are the best! I've looked for this recipe forever, but I never knew they were called lumpia. I know what I am making this weekend!
    You're very welcome.
    PLease report back on how they came out. They look delicious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Banana muffins? I have a really good, simple banana bread recipe and was wondering if I could just use it as is and put the mix into muffin pans, but cook for a shorter time. Would that work? If so, about how long for the muffins and would I use a different temp than for the bread?

If not, then does anyone have a simple recipe for banana muffins? I don't like to use a ton of ingredients and I would omit any nuts. I made the bread with chocolate chips once but my husband wasn't fond of that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Yes, I've done that with banana bread. The muffins usually cook at about 375 for 20-25 min., until the top springs back and a toothpick comes out clean.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3541155;
    Yes, I've done that with banana bread. The muffins usually cook at about 375 for 20-25 min., until the top springs back and a toothpick comes out clean.
    Thanks! I figure if it doesn't work out then no real harm done. But hopefully they will be just as good as the bread.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3535246;
    I'm looking for a recipe for a Phillipino egg roll they were called - they had ground beef and raisins in them, that much I remember. A friend made them once about 10 years ago and I have been wanting to duplicate them ever since....
    i suggest having the lumpia with poncit. It's a classic combination. Hmm... never had lumpia with raisins in it lol banana, yes... but not raisins.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Love pancit!!! Anyone have a good recipe for pancit?

I ended up with too many peaches at the farmers market yesterday. In my defense, one basket of 4 or 5 (and they're the size of baseballs) was $3 and two baskets was $4. What would you do!? Anyway, they're ripening faster than I can eat them.

Anyone have a good and easy peach recipe? Maybe a cobbler? I don't have much in the way of baking stuff, but I do have some flour and some light Bisquick,as well as milks and eggs. Maybe some butter. These peaches are so full of sugar I probably wouldn't even need to add any. I have cinnamon on hand too. I just would hate for them to go to waste.

Any sure fire recipes I could try?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical - I am no cook and have no recipe to offer...however, I thought I'd suggest that if you can't find any way to use the peaches now, you should cut them up and freeze them for use in smoothies. If you use frozen fruit in smoothies, you need little to no ice. Just add banana, yogurt, a little juice/water/milk, honey if necessary. You can throw in some nuts/cinnamon as well - or anything you want!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

That was my Plan B, OTiS. I like my smoothies with peaches, bananas (which I freeze as well) and pineapple juice. If I can't find a good (and easy) recipe, then I'll be freezing some of them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

If you're a fan of The Pioneer Woman she has what looks like a fairly simple recipe for peach crisp.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

If all else fails you can always make peach shortcakes. Nothing easier or more refreshing than that on a hot summer day.

+ Reply to Thread