+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

I've got 3 ripe bananas in the freezer and I want to make banana bread, with or without chocolate chips and nuts. Anyone has a failproof recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3217563;
    I have looked at many sites and I can't seem to find a recipe matching these ingredients so if anyone has a recipe close to it, please let me know. It's a dinner casserole and it has chicken, green chilis, cheese and rice. Probably a creamed soup or sour cream.
    Thanks
    The recipe I found on allrecipes with those ingredients was a stuffed chicken breast. (and wild rice) Does that sound lilke what you were looking for?

desertrose this is a great recipie for banana nut bread.

Extreme Banana Nut Bread 'EBNB' - Allrecipes

2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 cup butter or margarine
    2 cups white sugar
    2 cups mashed overripe bananas
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
    Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
    Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

i agree with the whole use arugala in sandwiches. The store near my house use to make awesome paninis. One was fontina cheese (I believe), chicken, pesto, tomatoes and arugala. It was soooo yummy. I miss it
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3217977;
    I've got 3 ripe bananas in the freezer and I want to make banana bread, with or without chocolate chips and nuts. Anyone has a failproof recipe?
    This is one of our favorites. It's for muffins, but I think that it would work as bread if you baked it in a loaf pan.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (12 muffins)

1/4 cup sour cream
    1 Tsp. baking soda
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    1 1/2 cup flour
    1 cup mashed banana
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 Tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.
    Stir baking soda into sour cream
    Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy
    Beat in egg and then beat in sour cream/soda mixture and vanilla
    Stir in bananas and chocolate chips (don't overmix)
    Spoon into greased muffin pans and bake 16 - 18 minutes
    Let cool before removing from pan.
    Freezes well.

Note - I have made this with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts and it turned out great. I used Pecans.

Enjoy!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Banana Snack Cake

1 cup white sugar
    1 cup butter
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 cup mashed bananas
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup flaked coconut
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan. In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt together and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Mix in buttermilk, bananas and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix well. Finally, fold in the nuts, coconut and 1 cup of the chocolate chips.

Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of choc. chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.

I have never made this cake exactly as written above because I can't have white sugar and I also try to cut out fats. I substitute Splenda for the sugar. I also use 1/2 cup of margarine and 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt for the butter. Instead of 2 cups of choc chips I use 1/2 cup of mini chips in the batter and none on top. It turns out good that way for me, but probably would be better made with the fattening ingredients.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fan

The recipe I found on allrecipes with those ingredients was a stuffed chicken breast. (and wild rice) Does that sound lilke what you were looking for?

I don't think so. I have checked Allrecipes many times. The one I am thinking of is a casserole- not stuffed into a chicken breast. But thanks anyway

I have looked at many sites and I can't seem to find a recipe matching these ingredients so if anyone has a recipe close to it, please let me know. It's a dinner casserole and it has chicken, green chilis, cheese and rice. Probably a creamed soup or sour cream.
    Thanks
    This one sounds good. It's a variation of King Ranch Chicken (rice instead of tortilla bits) and was apparently adapted from the Rotel site (so you could check there, or the Rotel can label, maybe).

king ranch chicken rice casserole Recipe

If you search the Web for '"King Ranch chicken" recipe rice' you'll get many other links.

Thanks
    We make one in my family but I bet it's not quite what you're looking for because it doesn't involve a can of soup. But just in case:

2 cups cooked cubed chicken (we use leftovers)
    corn tortillas
    1 large can of whole green chiles like the ones seen here
    2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
    4 large eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk
    salt, pepper

Use cooking spray on a 9x13" pan. Line the tray with corn tortillas, then layer chilis, chicken, and cheese. Put another layer of corn tortillas and layer the chilis, chicken and cheese like a lasagna. Make the top layer end with cheese.

In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then add milk and spices, mix well.

Pour over the casserole. Bake at 350 until eggs have set.

You could easily substitute rice for the tortillas. It comes out kind of like a quiche. The green chilis really make the flavor on this - I've omitted the chicken and enjoyed it as well.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks
    That sounds to me like a recipe for chicken enchiladas, although I can see how you could make it a casserole, like how Hep just posted. Somewhere at home I've got a recipe for enchiladas that involves sour cream and green chiles in the sauce, over rolled-up tortillas filled with chicken and cheese.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3214110;
    Can't help you with the arugula, but we bake the acorn squash like a pumpkin. Just cut in in half, clean out the seeds, add butter and brown sugar(my aunt adds syrup or honey to hers) and bake.
    That's just how my MIL makes her acorn squash, although she bakes her half in the microwave for about 5 mins. She also adds raisons to it.

+ Reply to Thread