+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Rolls

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3473726;
    Garlic butter is easy to make. Take a couple cloves of garlic and mash them with a knife, add to a bowl, put in your butter, microwave until butter is melted, stir well and then brush the top of the rolls. The heat from the melting butter will help the oil from the garlic infuse it with garlic flavor.
    That is an excellent idea! Do I put the butter on after or before i cook the rolls? I would think after but I'm just double-checking

MRD

I would brush it on before. And then maybe a little afterwards as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Don't forget if you are using unsalted butter to add some salt. I sometimes take garlic, chop it a little and then add a little salt and smash with the knife. The salt almost makes a garlic paste that blends well with the butter. A little bit of chopped parsley added would also be a nice touch .

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I add fresh ground black pepper.
    butter, ground parmesean cheese and black pepper is another good topping.

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

I'd like a good steak marinade. One that is especially good for the cheaper but tougher cuts of beef. I've been online to Cooks.com and Allrecipes.com but thought maybe someone here has a tried and true recipe that makes a tasty, tender grilled steak. I'm hungry just thinking about it!

Also, I prefer simple without a ton of ingredients .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I usually use mix about a quarter cup of soy sauce with some Worcestershire sauce(maybe a couple teaspoons or so), garlic powder, and onion powder. Let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour or so.

I also use the Jack Daniels marinades a lot. They come in a plastic bag with a zipper top. Just add the meat and marinate.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

This is one of my favorite "go to" recipes for skirt steak. You can use really inexpensive teriyaki sauce because the beer and brown sugar add so much to it.

1 long piece of skirt steak or two smaller ones (about 1 1/2 lbs)
    1/2 cup beer
    1/4 teriyaki sauce
    1/4 brown sugar

Marinate for 15 minutes or you can marinate it overnight but either way, it comes out delicious! Grill 3-5 minutes each side for medium rare.

Teriyaki-Beer Skirt Steak Recipe : Sandra Lee : Food Network

Also...not sure if you eat Chinese food and have heard of Beef in Oyster Sauce or any beef dishes like Beef in Broccoli. The Chinese restaurants use inexpensive cuts of beef but it is always so tender when it is served. They use baking soda to tenderize it.
    Here is a great recipe for Beef in Oyster Sauce. I skip the deep frying step, I have tried it both ways (with and without deep frying the beef) and there is only a little difference. Anyway, if you like Chinese food..here is a great recipe that I use.
    Stir-fried Beef With Oyster Sauce Recipe - Chinese Restaurant Recipes

Thank you lildago and luvsginger for those recipes. And I do love Chinese food so I'll have to give that beef and oyster sauce recipe a try.

Is there a substitution for the beer? It's just that we don't drink it and I'd be buying it only for the recipe.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3477149;
    Thank you lildago and luvsginger for those recipes. And I do love Chinese food so I'll have to give that beef and oyster sauce recipe a try.

Is there a substitution for the beer? It's just that we don't drink it and I'd be buying it only for the recipe.
    I am not sure but you could just buy a can and throw the rest away...it doesn't have to be expensive. I usually open a bottle and have my husband drink the rest but sometimes I make the recipe in the morning, so I end up tossing it.

MRD

I have at times bought one can of cheap beer to make beer bread because my husband, the beer snob hates when I use his "good" beer in a recipe and his beer is usually a lot more expensive than say a can of PBR which is fine for beer bread or beer butt chicken.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread